Weekly (descriptive) Sentence Challenge

This will be a quick sentence writing competition to help with creativity and get your creative juices flowing. Anyone can enter and anyone can vote. It’s just for fun.

How this works:

• Each week, usually Tuesday, I’ll select two random words.
  • You will have 4-5 days to submit a creative sentence using those two words
  • All the sentences will be put into a poll for you to vote on
  • Then on Monday the poll is closed and the winner is announced.
  • Then it all repeats

Very simple rules:

• You must use both words chosen for that week.
  • None of the sentences have to follow each other, this is not a story thread.
  • One sentence per user for each challenge.
  • You may vote for yourself.

Challenges

Week one words: Frightening & Squish. The winner was @Coda_Monkey.
Week two words: Aloof & Ghost. The winner was @AS007.
Week three words: Terror & Wait. The winner was @AS007.

A F G S T W

Good luck and have fun,
Caliope (wink)

9 Likes

Week one words: Frightening & Squish

Submit your sentences below! (wink)

You have a little over a week this time, @Writers, since this is the first challenge. (wink)

6 Likes

I heard a frightening squish in the dark, as I had just stepped on a bug.

2 Likes

My eyes widen as I hear a consistent clicking sound, I rise from my bed, sweat dripping down my face, as a loud and frightening squish gets closers to me, that’s when I realize, it was just a dream.

2 Likes

The mysterious ticking noise-

2 Likes

Any more sentences, @Writers?

3 Likes

The smell of iron and rot filled my nostrils as my foot squished down onto the frighteningly damp carpet.

5 Likes

Nice sentence.

3 Likes

The mud squished from under my feet, distracting me from the frightening figure that I’ve been staring at earlier.

4 Likes

The dark and cold room became even more frightening, as I accidentally squished a rubber duck on the ground, alarming me with the sudden squeaky noise.

2 Likes

Okay, which descriptive sentence(s) do you like best, @Writers?

1. @Ouijaloveletters

I heard a frightening squish in the dark, as I had just stepped on a bug.

1. @Danielle318

My eyes widen as I hear a consistent clicking sound, I rise from my bed, sweat dripping down my face, as a loud and frightening squish gets closers to me, that’s when I realize, it was just a dream.

1. @Coda_Monkey

The smell of iron and rot filled my nostrils as my foot squished down onto the frighteningly damp carpet.

1. @Nil

The mud squished from under my feet, distracting me from the frightening figure that I’ve been staring at earlier.

1. @idiot.exe

The dark and cold room became even more frightening, as I accidentally squished a rubber duck on the ground, alarming me with the sudden squeaky noise.

0 voters

3 Likes

Congratulations to our first winner for the descriptive sentence challenge…

@Coda_Monkey

3 Likes

Now for week two’s words. I’ll give you just over 12 hours to vote for which two words you’d like. (wink) Which would you like, @Writers?

• Aloof
  • Feather
  • Ghost
  • Glasses
  • Indulge
  • Provoke
  • Office
  • Satisfaction
  • Spy
  • Stain

0 voters

5 Likes

Week two words: Aloof & Ghost

Submit your sentences below! (wink)

You have between 4-5 days to get your sentences in, @Writers. (wink)

6 Likes

I felt a chill down my spine as I felt her gaze pierce me, she knew something I didn’t, her gaze turned from angry to aloof, I blink, and she’s gone, was she a ghost? I don’t know.

3 Likes

Everyone always knew I was aloof, but they didn’t know that I was haunted by the literal ghosts of my past.

2 Likes

Guys isn’t it only supposed to be one sentence? :eyes:

2 Likes

Yes, as @unsungcheerio said, this is only ONE sentence. So can you please edit your posts, @Danielle318 & @Ouijaloveletters, to only one sentence?!

2 Likes

Oh, oops! Ok!

2 Likes

I fixed it!

1 Like