Welcome New RPers!

Welcome all new RPers!
The Shanniiwrites Forums is the perfect place to start practicing your writing. Whether it be by becoming a patron and getting direct tips from The Shanniiwrites herself, or by becoming a part of the RP/SG section.
For anyone who doesn’t understand what RP/SGs are, here’s a guide:

And for anyone wondering how the RP/SG section works, here’s another guide:

That covers what an SG/RP is.
However, there’s also the matter of creating your own SG/RP. Anyone can do this, all you need is an idea. Okay, you might need a little more than that to keep people interested. The best advice I can give you is to have events in the RP/SG for when it starts dying and to maybe get a little experience of RPing/SGing before making your own. Here’s some guides that delve deeper into creating an RP/SG:

There’s also this handy dandy little thing for anyone who would like to have a guide, or a mentor, as it were, to help them understand RPing a little better. For anyone curious about this, you can check this thread out:

I know there are threads similar to this, but I also know the forums can be a little overwhelming when you’re first starting out so I figured it would be nice to group everything together. Just remember to keep calm (and carry on) as everyone here is very patient, nice, awesome, [insert more adjectives about how great everyone is], and helpful.
Hopefully this helped a bit and if it didn’t… uh… well… then I suggest reading everything over again and maybe it’ll make sense then.

12 Likes

@DIVCP WELCOMEEEEE

3 Likes

WOW
YES IM TRYING OUT RPING :man_dancing:

3 Likes

I’ve done two here but I’m having a hard time finding where you guys post new ideas and what is dead and active. The two I’ve done I just stumbled across.

2 Likes

So here’s the new idea thread New Ideas Thread 2.0
And there is a master list, I don’t know if it’s been updated though. If you give me a minute I can find some for you.

2 Likes

Oh my gosh thank you so so much! I would really appreciate if you let me know at least a few that are active.

1 Like

So, there is this but it hasn’t been updated in a while.
Then there’s also Timber Falls, Before the Storm. Along with The Second D&D Quest, which has started but I don’t think the sign ups are closed (@passionfruit are the sign ups closed :pleading_face:). Then there’s Meraki Coast: Summer of Secrets that also hasn’t started yet. There’s some more, these are just some examples (you’ll be able to find them if you just search for them, they’re the first to pop up. Though, if you look through the #roleplays, you’ll most likely be able to find something that interests you.
Also, if you’re looking for an SG to take part in, I’d suggest Final Destination, Charmed Coven, or even (to plug my own SG) The Forgotten Realm , which hasn’t started yet but signups may be posted on Friday-ish.

3 Likes

This is helpful considering I’m kinda new at RPing :star_struck:

3 Likes

make your d&d characterrr :eyes:

2 Likes

they aren’t and i have no plans to close them anytime soon

2 Likes

Oh yeahh, I still don’t know what I have left tho :pleading_face:

2 Likes

i think we need to pick a background, do their stats i can help with that if you want, and pick their equipment :eyes: then you’d probably also want a name, FC, and a general sense of their personality

1 Like

ye I need help with the magical stuff and stats sm

2 Likes

Kripke I mean @Cadborosa, here you go!

2 Likes

@SPOOKYSHERRY YOU AMAZING RPER WELCOME WELCOME

1 Like

OMG THANKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

THIS IS MORE FUN THAN I THOUGHT ngl the reason i never joined was cuz the idea of roleplay dind’t seem interesting BUT IT’S JUST LIKE WRITING A STORY WHICH IS RAD AND FUN

2 Likes

YES YES VRY FUN RAN SMSM

2 Likes

RP IS RAN SM

2 Likes

YES RAN

1 Like