Welcome To Greenstead: Life Today! [Official Thread]

greensteadlogo2

scenery1

Dear Citizens! Welcome to the beautiful and constantly flourishing city of Greenstead. Here the mayor and residents alike work together to keep this city up to date. With three lavish and unique areas including the people within it. Of course as great as this city is like any place to live problems exist- Crime, Issues and Society can take a toll on any person. But life will always continue going and time will continue spinning. The best anyone can do is make life as great as they can! :city_sunrise:

INFORMATION: This role-play is a slice of life themed RP. Meaning what your character does, how they live their life is all up to you! This is a normal RP meaning no powers, abilities or fantasy roles. This will be as realistic as it gets. Maybe you’d like to create a business? Have a family? Create friendships or relationships with the characters in the RP. The choice is yours!

NOTE: RP Created by - @AstroPoison, @Meekepeek, @Melaniey, @OhSumana, and @GlitterFist!

Rules!
  • No Mary Sue’s or Gary Stu’s it’s literally impossible.
  • Please be respectful of everyone in the role-play.
  • PLEASE Be active! A post every 4 days is required, If you give an excused reason as to why you need more than 4 days please pm me. After a week of inactivity you will receive a warning through pm. After 2 weeks your character will be put up for adoption.
  • Relationships are allowed along with: Sex and Drugs. although make it minimal with a trigger warning, Anything too descriptive take it to PM.
  • Do not attempt to kill characters without permission from the owner of said character.
  • Please add location to your character’s name so it wont be confusing on where you were if you take some time off the rp.
Links!

Faceclaims: :innocent:
Locations: :cityscape:
Social Media: :iphone:
Food: :sandwich:

City Area's!
  • RoyalWoods - Surburban Area.
  • ValleyHills - Forest-Like Area.
  • TimberFalls - Farm Area.

Current Date:

I Monday I Sunny 74° (Warm) I 8:45AM I

sunicon

Tonight:

I Monday I Windy + Rain 55° (Cool) I 11:35PM I

12 Likes

Aaliyahtext

“Milani! Come on we can’t be late opening the cafe!” Aaliyah called out to her four year old daughter as she struggled to put on her mini-booties. Aaliyah chuckled walking over and bending down slightly. Gently getting them on for her. “There you go princess.” Aaliyah smiled planting a small kiss on her forehead. Tossing her car keys in her purse she held Milani’s hand as she opened their front door. Momentarily turning to lock the door back.

Aaliyah dusted off her outfit and re-checked her makeup in a cute marble compact mirror, Aaliyah wore the perfect combination of professional yet stylish- A mocha colored shirt with a black and white patterned soft blazer, Equally matched pants and nude heels that matched her top underneath. Alongside brown lipstick and her hair wavy with a curly undertone slightly pushed to the side whilst diamond studs rested in her ears.

Picking up Milani so she wouldn’t fall, Aaliyah juggled her purse and car keys but kept a firm hand on Milani. Typical mother scenarios. Eventually Aaliyah got the car door unlocked and opened as she placed Milani in her car seat. Securely strapping her down before climbing into the jeep herself. Black and pristine with exquisite detail. Aaliyah set down her purse on the passenger seat.

“All ready?” Aaliyah fixed the rear-view mirror as she asked Milani, Putting the jeep in reverse she backed out of their driveway and onto the street. Pressing the radio button as she skimmed through song after song until one of her favorites blared through the radio.

ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ: Shot Clock - Ella Mai

─⚪──────────────────────────────────────────

◄◄⠀▐▐ ⠀►►⠀⠀ ⠀ 1:17 / 3:48 ⠀ ───○ :loud_sound:⠀ ᴴᴰ :gear: ❐ ⊏⊐

Twenty four seconds, yeah, you better not stop
You got twenty four seconds, can you beat the shot clock?
Aaliyah sang along to the beginning chorus whilst keeping her focus on the road.

After a few minutes driving, Thankfully the cafe wasn’t that far of course due to where they live. Putting the car in park and safely checking her mirrors before turning off the radio getting out of the vehicle, Unstrapping Milani from her car seat she propped her on her hip and shut the vehicle door.

The sun rays were beaming down, Not hot enough weather for shorter clothing or a sunhat. Thankfully but warm, Which in Greenstead definitely meant it was going to rain dogs and cats later on.

After entering the store and doing basic management, She gave Milani her cafe supervisor chef hat. “Alrighty supervisor, Time to open.” Aaliyah stated flipping the closed sign to open, Quickly readjusting her apron she walked behind the counter doing a mandatory re-count of the cash register.

@GlitterFist

APPROACHABLE

4 Likes

I was bustling around my dorm, the smell of the coffee I had just brewed in my little Keurig already waking me up. I quickly made my bed and left my dorm, locking the door behind me, heading to class.

Approachable

3 Likes

April Bonnie

April checked her phone on the side of her bed before placing it on her blankets. She blinked a few times trying to wake herself up. April got up and walked to the bathroom. She turned on the water to the hottest setting and stepped in. After washing she twisted her hair in a towel and wrapped her body. She ate some cereal while waiting for her hair to dry and washed the dishes. She watered her plants and finally changed into a simple open ribbed crop top and white jeans.

Before leaving she let her hair down as it was partially dry, she grabbed her blowdryer and brushed it out while drying. Walking out of the door she put on her favorite sneakers and some sunglasses since Greenstead was fairly sunny today. April had a car but she felt like riding her bike today. It was a white bike with pink trim and a small basket where she put her purse.

Humming a little during her 10-minute bike ride she finally arrived in front of her bakery. Unlocking the doors she placed her purse down and put on her apron. The bakery normally opened at 11 so April can make fresh goods for everyone. She made a batch of cupcakes the night before and frosting. Putting the vanilla frosting in the piping bag with a cute floral tip she frosted the cupcakes.

Finishing the cupcakes and cake she moved onto the churros, which were meant to be deep-fried. Making the batter, a combination of eggs, vanilla, brown sugar, and more, she pipped in the churros to get the wavy churro look. Cooking each churro fully before placing them in a cute cup in the display rack.

April had finally opened up the bakery since most items could be made in under a few minutes. She sighed and counted the cash register. I wonder where everyone is. She yawned a little.

APPROACHABLE

2 Likes

Blanca Abundance

Blanca grabbed an extra pillow before covering her eyes as the sun beamed in. Why is it always so sunny here! She rolled her eyes before getting up. “I need blackout curtains.” She grumbled before pulling the blankets off her. She walked downstairs and saw her mother in the kitchen.

“I wanted to get you some waffles, but Bonnie’s shop isn’t open right now.” She said. “It’s fine, I’ll just have cereal.” Blanca shrugged before opening the fridge. “Say, what are you planning on doing today?” Her mother asked. “Nothing,” Blanca said grabbing the milk and cereal. “How about you head on a walk in the park today.” Her mother suggested. “Mooommm, that’s boring,” Blanca whined a little.

“I have work in a few minutes at the hospital so I’ll see you tonight around 10 ok?” She said, kissing her on the forehead. “Ok, bye mom.” She said eating her cereal. Blanca watched as her mother walked out of the door and she quickly did the dishes before running back upstairs. The house was empty.

She changed into her outfit. It was her new crop top she bought at the mall and her favorite jeans, paired with a belt. She put on her doc martins and waltzed out the door. She hopped into her black convertible and let the sunshine in. She played the radio before turning it off when she arrived at mall. She parked her car in the empty parking lot and walked inside as the roof on her convertible covered the car again and click! It was locked again.

A few people were already there. She walked into her favorite store, LAURAL. She smiled at the people who were at the register and began looking around.

APPROACHABLE

2 Likes

cooltext-357123158410204

Kiana clipped her gun to her waist, Checking the mirror as she proudly wore her blue cop outfit with her shinning gold badge. At times she resented wearing this outfit due to so many racial views of the cops. But even as minority she’d stop at nothing to create equality.

Kiana sighed momentarily before her stomach began to rumble. “Hm…Now the responsible thing to do would be to go home and get a healthy salad or veggie bowl before going to work.” Kiana thought out-loud as she pat Velma and opened her van’s sliding door.

“Nah!” Kiana pipped up happily giving a small wave to Velma. “I’ll be right back V! Guard the van with your little puppy life.” Kiana chuckled locking the van and tossing the keys in her shirt-pocket.

Shifting her weight as she strolled up to the bakery door. Swinging the door open as the fresh smell of cakes, pies and multiple pastries filled her nostrils as she sighed in delight.

“Mornin’ April.” Kiana tipped her police hat. Immediately picking up a menu and looking over the delicious treats. “I’ll take…” Kiana trailled off momentarily.

“An order of sweet churros with a side cup of caramel, Trying to go off brand today.” Kiana winked neatly placing the menu back down.“Oh! And a fruity pebble cereal pop with a whipped cream cup for Velma.” Plopping down on the pink seat she took a moment to look around.

“This place is gorgeous but the amount of pink is horrendous, How do you manage in here?” Kiana stated cheekily as she flashed a smile.

@Melaniey - April

2 Likes

Zephyr Smith

Woof woof! Zephyr woke up to the sound of Tulip, her 9-month-old Australian Shepard barking in her face. “How did you get on the bed?” Zephyr laughed getting up. She petted Tulip a little before getting out of bed. Tulip kept barking, “You hungry?” Zephyr asked as she opened up the door. German was standing there. He jumped onto Zephyr and she picked him up like a baby. “German, you’re so big, honey.” She said walking downstairs.

Filling the pet bowls and placing Vanessa’s bowl on the island, she made herself some pancakes. Finishing them up she took a shower and changed into her vet outfit. She let them out to use the bathroom and played with them a little before she left. German was loyal and would whine every time she left. “I’ll see you later, mkay?” She said shaking her finger.

Slamming the door shut Tulip and German watched out the window sadly as she drove off. Parking her car she walked inside and waved by the front desk. She walked into each room and sanitized the area.

APPROACHABLE

2 Likes

April Bonnie

April turned around to see Kiana walk in. “Hi, Kiana!” She smiled. Quickly taking a notepad and checking Kiana’s name off. “I’ll take…” Kiana trailed off momentarily.

“An order of sweet churros with a side cup of caramel, Trying to go off-brand today.” Kiana winked neatly placing the menu back down.“Oh! And a fruity pebble cereal pop with a whipped cream cup for Velma.” Plopping down on the pink seat she took a moment to look around. “Of course,” April said before grabbing a cup of churros and poured a side of caramel in a smaller cup.

“This place is gorgeous but the amount of pink is horrendous, How do you manage in here?” Kiana stated cheekily as she flashed a smile. April laughed a little, “When I was little I helped redesign this area and I guess you could say I liked pink!” She said before grabbing a fruity pebble cereal pop from the fridge. She added whip cream cup and cashed it up. “That will be $5.38!” She handed Kiana her food.

“Say hi to Velma for me!” April said as Kiana walked out.

@ForeverAngel - Kiana

2 Likes

I had just finished my last class around twelve, my stomach growling. “Ugh, I should’ve eaten something this morning…all I had was coffee…” I muttered, deciding to check out this cafe people have been talking about. I grabbed my keys, walking to my car.

Summary

@Melaniey- April mentioned

3 Likes

3e259104a7ab40990d25bfc7ae609986

After getting ready for school and putting on a decent enough outfit , I trotted downstairs looking at my dad read his newspaper, “Bye dad.”
“Yeah, bye.” He said. I knew that he was an old man but I couldn’t believe that he was still stuck staring at a newspaper like he did when I was little. I rolled my eyes and exited the house. I couldn’t believe that my senior year of high school was almost ending.

////////////////////////Later on//////////////////////////////

School was still going on but it was lunch now, so I went to go get some actual food at a restaurant nearby. After wandering around for some time I stopped to go into the store, Laurel, that I usually went to when I was bored. I was looking around at all of the clothes when I spotted Blanca. I didn’t think she would be in here today, Although, one of the reasons we became friends was after seeing each other in here and then talking. “Hi Blanca!” I said.

@Melaniey Blanca

3 Likes

Blanca Abundance

Blanca turned around when she heard a familiar voice. “Hey Max.” Blanca said as she grabbed another crop top. “How are you?” She asked looking at him. “I heard. it’s your last year in high school, what’re you planning on doing for collage?” Asked Blanca.

She walked up to the cash register with some shorts and tops, sliding her card down and walked out of the store with Max next to her, “You hungry?” She said pointing to the food court.

@Kbail

3 Likes

She was wearing a nice outfit. It made me think about buying a crop top, even though I was too scared to wear it. I picked one off of the shelf. “I’m thinking about going to Hawking University for a Fine Arts degree, you know just in case my modeling career doesn’t take off.” We payed for our things and left. I made sure to stuff it inside of my backpack.
“You hungry?” She asked. “I could go for a corndog.” We walked to the food court. “What about you? What’s going on in your life fashionista.” I asked.

@Melaniey Blanca

3 Likes

I parked my car, walking into the sweet smelling bakery. I smiled, inhaling the aroma of the baked goods, walking up to the counter and looking at the menu. “Hmmm…I’d like a red velvet cupcake and a vanilla latte please.” I said, adjusting my glasses ams smiling at the girl behind the counter. “Are you Bonnie?” ORP: Aster doesn’t realize that’s her last name :joy::joy::joy:
@Melaniey

3 Likes

Blanca Abundance

“Sure.” Blanca said ordering a corn dog and a burger from a shop. They both sat down. “I haven’t done much in modeling, but I like doing some photoshoots with photographers. Build eat others portfolios up, ya know?” She explained before taking a bit. “Nothing really happening in my life other than that, I guess.”

“But it’s always smart to have a backup plan if modeling doesn’t work.” Blanca said sipping her coke.

@Kbail

3 Likes

OctoberTwilight

Another customer walked in. She had red hair and looked young. “Hi, what would you like?” April asked. “Hmmm…I’d like a red velvet cupcake and vanilla latte please.” she said. “Are you Bonnie?” She asked as April turned around to get the cupcakes.

“Hm, no, that’s my last name! This bakery is a shop from my mom, my real name is April.” April said trailing off. She put four red velvet cupcakes in a box with a cute white ribbon and made a latte.

“Your total is $8.39,” April said placing the items on the register. “Thank you for coming!” She smiled as the girl walked out. She sighed and grabbed her notepad and wrote down each person who visited the shop so far.

@Ouijaloveletters

APPROACHABLE

2 Likes

I looked embarrassed, quickly apologizing. “Sorry. That. could either be a first or last name.” I handed her the money, taking the food. “Thanks!” I said, walking out into the sun.

@Melaniey (also, she said vanilla latte, not a cupcake, but it’s fine.)

Approachable

3 Likes

Beep beep beep beep…

The sound of the alarm clock on the nearby nightstand pulled Alysine out of her slumber. Sitting up, she’d turn to look at the time, only to have her breath lodged in her throat momentarily.

Sh!t, sh!t,” she’d swear aloud, hopping off her bed and into the shower.

Eight minutes later, Alysine dashed into her wardrobe and put on the first thing she could find. She then grabbed her school bag and cell before heading downstairs and out the door.

-Several Hours Later…-

ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ: [Change My Life - Ashes Remain]

──⚪────────────────────────────────

◄◄⠀▐▐ ⠀►►⠀⠀ ⠀ 0:17 / 2:59 ⠀ ───○ :loud_sound:⠀ ᴴᴰ :gear: ❐ ⊏⊐

"If You could make the sun burn through the night
And You could make the dead man come alive…"

She sat on an unused set of stairs, headphones over her ears as to cancel out the outside world. Earlier that day, she had arrived to class late and had been embarrassed by her professor, who did not tolerate tardiness. Several of her classmates snickered, as this was not the first time she had overslept on a school day.

“…And I don’t have to run anymore…”

Alysine decided not to head to the cafeteria, for fear that the same classmates from first period would mock her again. It was at that moment that she wished that she had friends, so she wouldn’t have to feel alone.

(Approachable)

3 Likes

I pulled out one of the chairs and sat down next to her, biting my corndog. “That would be amazing. I haven’t been photographed yet but I’ve been in some small commercials so I guess that counts for something.” I said while shrugging.

“But it’s always smart to have a backup plan if modeling doesn’t work.”

“Yeah, totally. All anyone can do is try. Anyways, have you travelled anywhere far for your photo shoots?” I asked. There were so many places I wanted to go to but I wanted to see if she went to any of them first.

@Melaniey Blanca

4 Likes

Y-Files

“I traveled to Greece for a photoshoot with my friend.” Blanca stated. “But I’m sure you’ll get a big modeling gig soon, Max.” Blanca patted his shoulder a little. “You’re very talented!” Blanca smiled and took another bit.

@Kbail

4 Likes

After I left the bakery, I finished my cupcake, putting the coffee in my car’s cup holder. I decided to head to the mall and look around. I got there, looking around several stores, before finding a Hot Topic. “Score!” Said Store was right next to the food court, so people looked oddly at me. “Oops…sorry”

@Melaniey
@Kbail

4 Likes