What are some books that took it too far?

So, there are only a handful of books that I thought went to far. Though I can think of one that really speaks out to me. Is 50 Shades of Gray since that book garnered alot of flak for being ill represented of the BDSM culture. Another one, I think is the graphic r*pe scenes described in the Millenial Series. I heard how bad they were from reviews. The movie is not better in that scene. This one is just a moral reason for me but at the end of last book of Hunger Games was it really necessary to practically kill off some of the main characters? I don’t want to spoil anything about that part if you haven’t seen the movies or read the books. I just feel like the author took it too far at the end.

What are some books that took it too far? Did you like the book still? What was the part that went too far in your opinion?

@/Discussions

4 Likes

Hm, I’m not sure… Maybe The secret history? It’s one of my favourite books, it’s excellent and I couldn’t recommend it more but there are a lot of tws! From the very beginning you know there will be a murder but what happens next is not something I expected and as I much as I actually love it I don’t think it was necessary

1 Like

@Bookworms Do you know any books that took it too far? :thinking:

3 Likes

Umm… not to sure…

2 Likes

Oh Harry Potter from book Five-Seven. J.k. Rowling killed off about two thirds of the main characters. I mean come on Dobby and Hedwig deserved better. The. There is Mad-Eye who we only got to see small parts of how Moody was like after the fifth book from what I gathered. We only saw part of who he was like technically.

4 Likes

Sirius.

2 Likes

Fixed a tag and some emojis