What are some good fantasy based animes?

The first one that comes to mind for me is Seven Deadly Sins because of the medevil fantasy setting. There are so many more though, I’d call things like demon slayer dark fantasy or fantasy with horror elements.

@AnimeNerds there are far more so come and name them!

2 Likes

… JOOOOOOOJO

It’s more of an action-fantasy anime but I think it still counts, especially parts 1-3

3 Likes

I need to watch that :joy: I think that’ll be next

2 Likes

flashbacks God no…

1 Like

Agreed! JoJo is one of my ultimate favorites. Part 7 in particular is a really good one, but it doesn’t have an anime adaptation yet.

Also, I would like to recommend classics such as Yu Yu Hakusho and Inuyasha, although Yu Yu Hakusho has more supernatural and martial arts elements than fantasy.

If you like slice-of-life fantasy, the. Fruits Basket and Natsume’s Book of Friends are good ones as well.

1 Like

It’s good but it’s also pretty funny. I finished part 1 and I’m on part 2, Battle Tendency

I really wanna watch part 5, but it’s not on Netflix! I’m currently on Battle Tendency

Inuyasha is iconic. I loved it.

I’m planning to watch Fruits Basket.

?

2 Likes

My crazy ex loved to scream that.

1 Like

Oh. He’s a weird guy.

1 Like

Yeah, no crap.

1 Like

Happy watching! Part 2 is a fun part but I personally enjoyed the later parts better.

I heard that a lot of regions don’t have Part 5, but all seasons of JoJo are available for my region so it hasn’t been a problem for me. It might be available for you soon though since Part 6 is already about to air in December (and it will also be on Netflix).

It isss.

It’s a good one. It’s also one of my favorites. It’s mostly slice of life but it also has drama, romance, supernatural, and a bit of fantasy.

2 Likes

I’m honestly not sure if this counts because it’s comedy but it has a fantasy setting so I’ll add it!

Konosuba :sunglasses:

1 Like

Me too.

2 Likes

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. Holy crap.

2 Likes

Yu Yu Hashuko is a classic. Anyone else have any fantasy-based animes they wanna watch?

2 Likes

I really liked Akame ga Kill.

1 Like

Neat.

1 Like

It’s sad and gory, but still is funny.

1 Like

Funny in animes is subjective because it’s either misogyny/sexual harassment, cringiness, or (in rare cases) genuinely hilarious.

1 Like

coughLubbockcough

Like princess and crap?? Medieval??

Snow White with the Red Hair - Romance
The Heroic Legend of Arslan - Adventure (?)
Yona of the Dawn - Adventure/ Romance (only on episode two tho :sweat_smile::+1:)