What are some signature details your characters have?

Just like us, we sometimes—if not always—like to give our characters their own “signature details” or quirk that makes them more memorable in the roleplay they’re in. Personally, I love doing this, because it makes me feel they have more depth.

One signature detail I always think of when I think of this term is Lyonrad Fulcruth from Blue Royalty. Some may not have noticed, but his usual style is that he always wears these button up (or down?) shirts with two to three buttons open om his chest. Another is Kohana from FTD, who is very clumsy and finds herself in chaos because of that.

How about you, @RPers? What are some “signature details” your characters have or you noticed from others? How do you feel about adding them?

9 Likes

My character Ruby Danvers from Blue Royalty has Schizophrenia and voices. One of my other BR characters is Norwegian.

1 Like

Cordelia Easton tends to wear a lot of black. She also wears black gloves as well… very important detail.

2 Likes

So some of my more recent characters, such as Ashley Mayborn always wears beanies.
Then there’s some of my more less known characters such as Cohen Madenson who talks way too much out of sheer nervousness and has a bad habit of running away.

1 Like

Mellona from FTD blindfolded herself and also carries a wooden stick around :eyes:

Why-

1 Like

read bio sm :star_struck:

1 Like

Never had a single character without family drama or issues lmao

The protagonist of the current novel wears black most of the time but likes to wear anything with roses or leopard print. But when she’s on a mission, she wears leather or wetlook. Inspired by the character, Mazikeen from Lucifer.

Ah, signature details. Every character is going to have their own unique traits. Something that makes them, them. It can be something small that people don’t really notice, but just that you know about them until the occasional person catches on, or it can be something right there in the open that everyone knows, that signature detail that everyone, RPer or other characters, can connect to that individual character.

Eddie Flynn from BR2, he’s among the latter. He has his video camera that he always has with him. He’s always filming, its part of how he views the world.

Then as a less obvious, but still a signature detail in my eyes, is with Ketziah Drake from BR1. She always called everyone around her by a nickname, rarely their actual name.