What are the best and worst ways you've seen stories promoted?

Best:

There was a thread of the Episode forums for people to promote their stories with specific questions, such as ‘What makes your story different?’, ‘Who’s your favorite character?’, and ‘What scene did you enjoy writing the most?’
I think it’s a great way to learn more about a story, and you don’t even need anything fancy like trailers or art.

Worst:

DMing authors on Instagram or on the forums, saying:
hi
will you read my story?
here’s the link
https://www. episodeinteractive .com / somerandomstory

12 Likes

Best: Solid and consistent updates on a thread and/or on Instagram.

Worst: People asking for “read for read” on threads that aren’t dedicated to read for read. I think it’s rude and comes off as desperate. :see_no_evil:

5 Likes

one time i posted that i published a story and wasnt looking for r4rs just a lil announcement post and some person kept asking “heyyy wanna r4r?”

and keep in mind i already did a r4r before~

3 Likes

Ugh… so annoying! :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

i understand r4r but it just seems like an in-effect way to get reads. the numbers shouldnt count. its your story.

4 Likes

Yeah, and if they do r4r with people who wants it too I don’t mind. :laughing: Just don’t crash others’ threads.

3 Likes

One of the worst ways:

This a pretty common occurrence on Episode forums, a conversation is moving along fluently and some random person posts and ad for their story. I can understand that you want reads but this is making you look desperate and makes me not want to read it. :sob:

5 Likes

I agree with that

6 Likes

Worst: I’ve seen people just copy and paste their story details on different threads without even reading what the first post said. I don’t mind people promoting their stories on every promotion thread, but at least do it in the way the OP asks you to?

6 Likes

I’ve seen this occur plenty of times on Episode :eyes:

2 Likes

I’ve gotten spam dms from authors trying to get me to read their story :roll_eyes: it’s a good thing that Instagram has a new dm system where non-mutuals immediately go to another inbox.

2 Likes

@Episodians and @WattpadWizards
I guess you’ve seen some best and worst ways to promote stories. Come share them with us!

Closed due to inactivity