What are the uses and benefits of RPing and SGing?

When we think of RPing and SGing, I’m sure we can all think of what our personal uses are, and what benefits that it brings to us as individuals on a daily basis, but can we think beyond on a daily standard? Can we think about all of the possible ways that RPing and SGing is useful and beneficial?

After all, not everyone may understand what the benefits are to you as an individual or to any RPer as a whole, so this is a good way to be able to explain why RPing and SGing is a good thing.

@RPers

3 Likes

Being a creative outlet for all your emotions, as well as being a place to escape from the world around you. (thumbs up)

3 Likes

It’s a good way to practice your writing skills, character development, and world building (for when you create your own rp)

2 Likes

I agree with what was said above! I treat RPing just as how I treat novel writing—the thing where I pour all my creative juices, create my own world, and escape cruel reality while also sharing them with others. RPing or SGing has one more thing though: interaction. I think these two (RPing and SGing) are really useful to writers because you can freely observe, and give or take feedback from your fellow roleplayers if you want and I can definitely say it’s worth it. I’ve experienced it myself, and I can definitely say that RPing or SGing could be a writer’s day care center (this is the worst comparison ever BUT IDK WHAT FITS MORE help) just like it was to me lmao

1 Like

It helps you develop your writing skills a lottt like rping just really allows you to grow creatively. I’ve rped for years now, like four or fiveish years, and I like to think my writing has reallyyyy grown. Making characters is an integral part of rps and sgs too, just as they are for stories, and I think rping really allows one to become better at creating and developing characters

1 Like

And just creating epic stories.

1 Like

Eheh and you would know, Miss SG legend :sunglasses:

1 Like

Ha. Nah, mate, no legend found ‘ere.

1 Like

There is, there is and she’s righttt there aha

1 Like

Where? Did you look in the mirror again when you said it?

1 Like

Ew no howw could I even be a sg legend when I’ve never made an SG hmM
The title is only truly befitting of youu

2 Likes

You don’t have to have written one. Your skills as a writer and an amazing person makes you one!
Shall I change it then?

1 Like

Oop 🧍🏾‍♀️Well thanks, that’s a sweet sentiment, but, no, what that’s not how it works I can’t have no experience in SGing and then be called an SG legend alskdjdj I don’t know many things but I know thAT
hA to SG Legend & Full Time Winker?? That’d be god tier omg

1 Like

No, no, you’re just a general LEGEND!!!
Ha, and no

1 Like

Me ehm I uh no would disagree there yep
BUT YOU SUGGESTED IT, I JUST AGREED

1 Like

Let’s both agree to disagree

1 Like

You can make all your fantasies come true! At least, in the RP…

1 Like

This is true. So… what are your fantasies?

1 Like

Sadistic stuff…

Like?

1 Like