What Are Your Favourite Albums?

Yesterday was “National Album Day” and loads of people across Twitter were talking about their top 4 albums so I’m wondering what albums everyone likes on the forums. The questions are:

1. What was the first album you bought?
2. What are your top 4 albums and why?
3. What are your favourite songs from your top 4 albums?

1. What was the first album you bought?
I haven’t actually bought an album :joy: Everything’s about streaming nowadays so I haven’t really thought about buying one, but if I did I’d probably get Electra Heart by Marina and the Diamonds.

2. What are your top 4 albums and why?
Only picking 4 was kinda hard for me but I managed to decide on the following:

The Family Jewels by MARINA
Marina_and_the_Diamonds_-_The_Family_Jewels
I found it really relatable and out of all MARINA’s albums it’s definitely my favourite. The messages are really good as well.

All My Demons Greeting Me As A Friend by AURORA
220px-AURORA_-All_My_Demons_Greeting_Me_as_a_Friend(Official_Album_Cover)
This helped me through a tough time and was my introduction to AURORA. It has this forest fairytale vibe and I really like it. It also has 0 skips!

Whack World by Tierra Whack

Every song is only 1 minute long and comes with quirky visuals. I think it’s quite unique and I honestly wish the songs were longer because they’re so good!

A Different Kind Of Human by AURORA
220px-Aurora_-A_Different_Kind_of_Human(Step_II)
The songs sound other-worldly and it shows AURORA’s growth but also that she hasn’t changed and I love that.

3. What are your favourite songs from your top 4 albums?
The Family Jewels: Oh No! because it was the first MARINA song I ever heard
All My Demons Greeting Me As A Friend: I Went Too Far because it’s really relatable to me
Whack World - Pretty Ugly: because it’s catchy
A Different Kind Of Human - In Bottles because it sounds so magical :sparkles:

What about you? :musical_note::notes:

6 Likes

Bought with my own money was My chemical romance - Life on the murder scene

Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge by My Chemical Romance. I used to listen to it before I went to bed every night it’s such a masterpiece.

Phobia by Breaking Benjamin the tunes on that album are amazing such as Dance with the devil and until the end. Obviously the classic “the diary of Jane” is on that album but in general the whole album gives me a great feeling.

We stitch these wounds by Black Veil Brides simply because it’s a really good album I have it on CD (I have all bvb albums on CD) but this one always seemed to be out of stock until one great day where I was able to get it! It’s definitely one I would save if my house was burning down.

Dying is your latest fashion by escape the fate, this is the only album by this band I like and it’s amazing I can’t describe the way it makes me feel.

From Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge it is Helena (So long and goodnight) it is one of the songs that got me into MCR

From Phobia it is Dance with the devil easy to find what’s wrong, harder to find what’s right

From we stitch these wounds I’m gonna go with Perfect weapon RARRRRRRRRRRRR

From Dying is your latest fashion it has to be My apocalypse

2 Likes

I have all these albums on CD btw I like to buy it as well as stream it. My brother thinks I’m a fool.

random list of the albums I have on CD so far

Summary

Andy Black - The Shadow Side
Andy Black The ghost of ohio
Black Veil Brides - We stitch these wounds
Black Veil Brides - Set the world on fire
Black Veil Brides - Wretched and divine the story of the wild ones
Black Veil Brides - 4
Black Veil Brides - Vale
Breaking Benjamin - Phobia
Escape the fate - Dying is your latest fashion
Falling in reverse - The drug in me is you
Fall out boy - From under the cork tree
Fall out boy - Infinity on high
Halestorm - The strange case of…
Halestorm - Into the wild life
Marilyn Manson - Holy Wood (In the shadow of the valley of death)
My chemical romance - I bought you my bullets you bought me your love
My chemical romance - Three cheers for sweet revenge
My chemical romance - life on the murder scene
My chemical romance - the black parade
My chemical romance - Danger days the true lives of the fabulous killjoys
Panic! At the disco - A fever you can’t sweat out
Panic! At the disco - Pretty. Odd

3 Likes

I don’t have any albums but I’d love to get “For You” by Tatsuro Yamashita, “Love Trip” by Takako Mamiya, and “After 5 Clash” by Toshiki Kadomatsu

2 Likes

Top four albums? Number one is an obvious classic…

1) ABBA GOLD

Particular faves: dancing queen, S.O.S, winner takes it all.

Fun factS:

•This album got stuck in my dad’s truck for 2/3 years so I know it off by heart no regrets.

•I don’t hear them enough…

Now… What other albums did I actually like?
2) i haven’t a clue…

1 Like

To add to this list I got Halestorm (self titled CD) for my birthday, victim to villain as a digital download (it’s hard to get on CD so I paid for the download) and Wretched and Divine ultimate edition on CD which has a DVD for legion of the black. I love when you get a DVD too.

The album “a star crossed wasteland” by in this moment is good

2 Likes

That sounds like a nice album!

It is!

It’s heavy af

My parents are about to leave the house

I’ll take a picture of my CDs :grin:

3 Likes

Here ya go

Summary

4 Likes

O_o

1 Like

I’m proud

1 Like

It’s grown since this picture

I took the picture 2 weeks ago :joy:

1 Like

damn

Bump

1 Like

So, my favorite albums:

1. Enema of the state - Blink-182
  • I just adore them, they are the band that got me into this type of music and I’m so thankful for them
  1. The ride - Catfish and the Bottlemen
  • all time favorite band
  1. The balance - Catfish and the Bottlemen
  2. The balcony - Catfish and the Bottlemen
1 Like

I need to update this list!

I’ll put the new ones alphabetically (by artist) but in bold :blush:

Asking Alexandria - Reckless and Relentless
Andy Black - The Shadow Side
Andy Black The ghost of ohio
Black Veil Brides - We stitch these wounds
Black Veil Brides - Set the world on fire
Black Veil Brides - Wretched and divine the story of the wild ones And the ultimate edition
Black Veil Brides - 4
Black Veil Brides - Vale
Breaking Benjamin - Phobia
Escape the fate - Dying is your latest fashion
Falling in reverse - The drug in me is you
Falling in reverse - Coming Home
Fall out boy - From under the cork tree
Fall out boy - Infinity on high
In this moment - Beautiful tragedy
In this moment - The dream
In this moment - A star crossed wasteland
In this moment - Mother
Halestorm - Halestorm
Halestorm - The strange case of…
Halestorm - Into the wild life
Marilyn Manson - Holy Wood (In the shadow of the valley of death)
My chemical romance - I bought you my bullets you bought me your love
My chemical romance - Three cheers for sweet revenge
My chemical romance - life on the murder scene
My chemical romance - the black parade
My chemical romance - Danger days the true lives of the fabulous killjoys
New Years Day - Unbreakable
Panic! At the disco - A fever you can’t sweat out
Panic! At the disco - Pretty. Odd
The relentless - American Satan (fake album from the movie I love it alot Remmington Leith from palaye royale is the vocalist)

If anyone is wondering why Asking is above Andy (it’s because when it’s a solo artist you go off the last name which is “Black” begining with B)

1 Like

I can update this list again but I’ll use the scrollable content thing! New albums being added are.

My Chemical Romance - The Black Parade is dead!
The Pretty Reckless - Going To Hell
The Pretty Reckless - Light me up
Sleeping with Sirens - Madness

Asking Alexandria - Reckless and Relentless Andy Black - The Shadow Side Andy Black The ghost of ohio Black Veil Brides - We stitch these wounds Black Veil Brides - Set the world on fire Black Veil Brides - Wretched and divine the story of the wild ones And the ultimate edition Black Veil Brides - 4 Black Veil Brides - Vale Breaking Benjamin - Phobia Escape the fate - Dying is your latest fashion Falling in reverse - The drug in me is you Falling in reverse - Coming Home Fall out boy - From under the cork tree Fall out boy - Infinity on high In this moment - Beautiful tragedy In this moment - The dream In this moment - A star crossed wasteland In this moment - Mother Halestorm - Halestorm Halestorm - The strange case of… Halestorm - Into the wild life Marilyn Manson - Holy Wood (In the shadow of the valley of death) My chemical romance - I bought you my bullets you bought me your love My chemical romance - Three cheers for sweet revenge My chemical romance - life on the murder scene My chemical romance - the black parade **My Chemical Romance - The black parade is dead!** My chemical romance - Danger days the true lives of the fabulous killjoys New Years Day - Unbreakable Panic! At the disco - A fever you can’t sweat out Panic! At the disco - Pretty. Odd **Sleeping With Sirens - Madness** **The Pretty Reckless - Light me up** **The Pretty Reckless - Going to hell** The relentless - American Satan (fake album from the movie I love it alot Remmington Leith from palaye royale is the vocalist)

@Music any favourite albums?

4 Likes