I haven’t really played Pictopia board games but I just read about it and it seems fun.
Here is the explanation of how the game works:
Pictopia is a trivia game with a unique twist - guess-my-answer questions reveal how much players know about each other, meaning the game can be played over and over with different answers.
REVEALING THE ANSWER
After players have selected their answers, the host reveals the correct answer.
• If you answered correctly (or matched the host’s answer on a Spotlight Question), flip over the wager coin you placed face-down on the game board and advance your mover that number of spaces.
• If you answered incorrectly (or didn’t match the host’s answer on a Spotlight Question), you do not advance your mover on
• All wager coins used during this question are set aside into a discard pile. You will get them all back when any one player runs out of wager coins.
NOTE: If the question was a Group Question, the entire group will either answer correctly or incorrectly, and everyone
(except the host) will either advance their movers forward on the game board or not. Only during Solo and Spotlight
Questions can some players advance their movers forward while others do not, depending on how each player answered.
ENDING THE GAME
When your mover reaches the castle space, either by rolling the die and moving when it’s your turn, or as a reward for
answering correctly, you must perform the Final Challenge to win. (You do not need an exact number to reach the castle
space.) Follow the Final Challenge instructions below:
• All players who are on the castle space get to take the Final Challenge.
• Select a player who is NOT on the castle space to read the “Solo Pick One” question on the next card.
• Players use their answer dials to secretly select their answers. (Do not use wager coins for the Final Challenge.)
• When all of the players on the castle space have dialed in their answers, they flip over their answer dials to reveal their
• All the players at the castle space who answered correctly WIN the game! (There may be more than one winner.)
• If no one answers the question correctly, all players who answered incorrectly must follow the arrow on the game board backwards. Then, play continues.
- I have played it before
- I have heard of it but haven’t played it
- I don’t play board games
- I might play it after today
@Discussions, have you played the Pictopia board game before?