What Are Your Pet Peeves?

We all have them. I’d say “no pet peeve is too ridiculous”, but I’ve heard of some whoppers in my time!

It sets me on edge when people eat with their mouth open. I don’t want to see your food. I don’t want to hear it. Just eat like a civilised human being, please!

What are yours?

16 Likes
  • Grammar and spelling errors. I mess up a lot with it and I hate that I do. Especially with other people as well.
  • Straw-manning and contradicting in an argument.
  • Burping and farting without saying excuse me.
  • Leaving spit in the sink. Yuck!
8 Likes

When people @ me about animals when they clearly don’t like them, or know anything about them.

Like bih I am an animal person and I will F I G H T you.

People say something stupid about cats being horrible creatures, dogs being dirty or dangerous, rats being vicious, etc. And I just need to school them. I need to learn them real damn good

7 Likes

Oh I hate being interrupted, too. Like once or twice is fine. But when someone keeps talking over me and not letting me speak, I start to feel my blood pressure go up!

7 Likes

I’m grammar at horrible, personally so you know.

Strawmanning is the worst thing someone can do in an argument fr it’s so frustrating.

And… Yeah I’m Scottish it’s a different manners thing. The bigger the burp the harder people clap for you, man or woman.

4 Likes

Oh and when people finish the toilet roll and don’t replace it on the holder! Like… it takes two seconds. It’s even worse when they start a new roll and they don’t bloody put it on the holder. What else are you doing that’s so important when you’re sitting there taking a poop?!

4 Likes

I—
Yeah—
I just—
Well—
I mean—
So—
Hey—
Just—
PlEAsE—
JUST SHUT THE F*CK UP YOU BEGGAR. F*CKING PLEBIAN

6 Likes

To add to this one, when people interrupt you when someone else is asking you a question and then get the answer wrong anyway.

Person: “So… how old are you Shannii?”

Me: “I–”

Idiot: “SHE’S TWENTY”

Me: “Um no. I’m twenty-one. STFU dude.”

3 Likes

OMGGGGGG. THIS.

This happened with the exact example you gave. My mom kept saying I was 13 for YEARS. No mom, I’m old :sob:

3 Likes

It’s her wishful thinking :joy:

2 Likes

Or when people talk too much in general. Like dude. It’s ok to not have anything to say. You don’t need to start making noises to sound like you’re contributing to the conversation.

4 Likes

Maybe it’s sometimes best to. Not. Share your opinion, Janet. God

3 Likes

I hate the same joke being done thousand times. I can’t stand it.

Literally ALL of my classmates kept joking the teacher wasn’t coming to class for a week. And in the end of the week, the teacher actually didn’t come to class, everyone went outside but me and my friends stayed in class waiting for the teacher (cuz we thought they were joking). The teacher never came :rage:

3 Likes

Yeah! Like, if you feel like you have to, freedom of speech and all. But are you really saying anything of value?

3 Likes

Whenever that would happen in my school everyone would stay in the classroom with the lights off pretending there was nothing wrong and just shoot the shit.

Was good fun, that’s where a lot of my drawing practice happened

3 Likes

:flushed: This reminded me another pet peeve…

When people excuse their hate speech with freedom of speech…:no_mouth:

5 Likes

Basically the bigots on the forums. :joy:

4 Likes

It is indeed your freedom of speech to say stupid fish, Alex Jones but it is also my freedom of speech to say you’re saying stupid shit.

This is is how freedom of speech and expression works. You are free to be a cock, I am free to call you a cock

4 Likes

Censor your cursing there D. :wink:

3 Likes

We’d try to do this (with the lights on because the teachers would get suspicious if the classroom had not lights on) but someone would always go and tell the office that there was no teacher… without consulting the rest of the class first! Usually we’d wait about 20 mins before going because we’d get detention if we didn’t tell the office but we could miss almost half the class saying we “thought the teacher was just late”. My pet peeve was when someone would go in the first 10 mins xD

3 Likes