What book did you like at first but then were disappointed later on?

When I read the first book of the Divergent series. The first book was obviously called “Divergent” and I was reading it and I absolutely fell in love with the books. I would sit in my room and stay for hours so I could read them from beginning to end. There are 4 books total in the series. I got to the last book and well (Spoiler coming) I was so heartbroken. I hated that trish died. She was my favorite and I wanted her and Tobias to be together I cried for like days. It literally made me hate the books and not wanna read it because she died. I was so disappointed and was like “all this time was wasted” lmfao

Anyways, what about you @/Bookworms?

4 Likes

They Both Die At the End or something… seemed very good but didn’t meet my expectations

1 Like

OMG GIRL RELATABLE
I HAVENT READ INSURGENT AND ALLEGIANT YET BUT IK TRIS IS GONNA DIE
SMH SMH WHYYY

1 Like

Right so there is this series called The Unwanteds and the sequel series Unwanteds Quests by Lisa McMann and it had like the best cover art. Anyways, I read this series back in 2016 or something when it was actually my age.

I was sorta disappointed when they killed off the main character of the first series in the sequel series, but it wasn’t even a meaningful death. I guess it’s something to do with how death is sudden, but still. It was the literal main character for seven books or so

1 Like

The Game of Triumphs, I still can’t finish this darn book.

yessss the rest of them were so baddd

also, I did not finish Cinderella is Dead
IT WASWNT GOOD

The Haunting of Ashburn House, definitely

1 Like

Oh and maybe A touch of darkness

1 Like

What was once my favourite book is now just… meh. I used to love that book but now I think it’s not even written that well and some characters are so… boring :sweat_smile:

@Bookworms Are there any books you liked at first but were disappointed in later on?

1 Like

Uprooted :(((( Really had potential

1 Like

Never even heard of this one.

Fixed a tag and some emojis