What book series could you not complete?

The Divergent Series.
The first book was great, and I liked the second one too, but I never could finish the third book. The third book just completely lost my interest. I don’t know what it actually was about it, but I don’t think I could even get halfway through that book so I never finished the series.

2 Likes

I actually liked that series, but the end was… dissapointing

1 Like

The Famous Five By Enid Blyton

There’s only 1 series I liked so far (Five Go To Smugglers Top) but the rest, I couldn’t grasped them and somewhere along the line I began loosing interest in those books.
I still do have them on my shelf but I just don’t pick them up any longer.
I may try to if I’m really motivated to do that and I’ll have read them slowly to understand.

1 Like

The Familiars. It’s about a trio of wizard familiars. The third book terrified me as a child.

1 Like

Yeah, sometimes you just have to stop before it gets worse.

1 Like

Yeah…it involved an undead army of animals and talked about them decomposing as they moved.

1 Like

I think I was in middle school when I read it. Yes, they were for middle schoolers.

1 Like

Oh sh*t…yeah, I would stop reading that as well. I almost out down the Morganville Vampires series at an early point in the series because of one scene. I have severe arachnophobia so even if I read about spiders it triggers me. There was this scene where the main character gets stuck in a lab run by a crazy scientist vampire that she is helping. There is this vampire computer thing which turns some spiders it vampire spiders in the process. Then the computer makes the spiders get bigger in size to chase the main character around. I was so triggered that day that it made me physically shudder multiple times. I still shudder even now after not reading the book in like 10 years.

Most middle school books aren’t very kiddish so I’m not surprised you found that book at that age.

1 Like

Yep…

I’d have been fine if they were skeletons, but…seriously?

@Bookworms Are there any book series you couldn’t finish? Why?

I don’t think there’s a book series I started and never finished :thinking: There are a few that I didn’t enjoy much but I still finished them anyway

Yeah, I’m not sure I haven’t not finished any… (thinking)

1 Like

A touch of darkness… Don’t know how many books are there but just no

Closed due to inactivity