What book series could you not complete?

Yeah, I have book series I couldn’t finish. Most of the time something happened when I was reading the books, I couldn’t take the emotions that came from reading the books, and one of my favorite authors died after completing her series. I’ll post the top ones below.

• Jazz Parks Series - the author apparently died after she finished the series. No one is sure what happened. They ruled it a accidental death. For some reason, I couldn’t finish the series once I found out. I’m not going to list what they believe happened. You can look the series up yourself.

• Immortals Series - I talked about this on multiple threads since it is a the first time I put a book down that I couldn’t pick back up. I’m not really sure what caused me to stop reading the books. I was on the second book at the time reading the book which was based in a high school setting. It was the end of the day at school plus the one day I forgot to bring a second book with me. I was reading this scene that struck me in such an emotional way I couldn’t make myself read the book series ever again. I also got this strange cold feeling that went from head to toes at the exact moment I stopped reading.

Are there any books you couldn’t complete? What caused you to stop reading them? Would you go back to them ever?

@Bookworms

2 Likes

The one I’m reading at the moment, it has really poor writing.

1 Like

Oof that really sucks. Is it a book from Wattpad and other apps like that?

1 Like

Nope. It’s an actual book

1 Like

There was one, I can’t even remember the name but it was so boring
Like it was mind numbing. There was no action. All the action there was read at the same pace as bored dialogue. The sentences were too long by far and the characters had no personality.
The book was as thick as it was wide and full of absolute rubbish.
It took me a month to finish, and I didn’t even bother thinking about a sequel.

On top of that, I had difficulty with game of thrones - but that was possibly because the themes were quite adult, and I didn’t understand how half of the characters could act the way they did, with the backgrounds that they had. It was dark and violent and I got quite bored in the end lol. I might try to read it again sometime, now that I’m older (I was 12-13 when I tried reading it) and maybe I’ll understand more? :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Oh wow, that is surprising.

1 Like

I know what you mean. Yeah, maybe rereading might help you understand now.

1 Like

Yeah, it is. I don’t know how many in the series but it’s killing me to finish this book.

1 Like

Oof which book series?

1 Like

Umm… you want me to walk all the way to my room? SIGH.

1 Like

Lol no worries! I never got a chance to reply back.

1 Like

'Tis called The Game of Triumphs.

1 Like

Oh okay, I will stay away from that series then.

1 Like

Good idea. In saying that though, the concept of the book is amazing (almost genius). It’s just the execution of it that fell flat.

1 Like

Twilight :grimacing:

1 Like

Gotcha, I hate books like that.

1 Like

Trials of Apollo
i couldn’t read it at first then i picked it back up years later in quarantine and it was good, still need to read the other 3 books. At first Apollo seemed so infuriating and I just hated it. I only read it because i was bored and I’m glad I picked it up again. I think i got it when it first came out and just didn’t like it :< NOW I DO THO, i just forget the series existence and we returned the library books so i can’t complete it, even tho i could potentionally get it as an ebook.

OH THE MAGNUM ONE, the one with norse mythology. the mc died and it was about the afterlife but i just had a pit in my stomach which is how i feel normally when I am talking to someone who is very depressed and I feel helpless that I can’t help them
these r all by Rick Riordan

2 Likes

I forget what it’s called but there was a book in a series that I tried to read but I hated it. It was about a girl going to another kingdom or something… it was the most horrible thing I’ve ever read and I couldn’t get into it at all. Seriously the dictionary is more emmersive.

1 Like

Harry Potter. It’s boring and I hate the author. I love to hate Harry Potter.

2 Likes

I can see where it might bore you.

2 Likes