What Can Zombies Teach Students About the Human Brain

In any version of zombies you find, they all have some shared characteristics. They do not function at the same level a living human does, they have a desire to eat, and they are undead. Beyond that, there are extremely common similarities, But those are what is nearly universal in zombie lore. With these, zombies can actually provide interesting thoughts surrounding the human brain.

Zombies never started as zombies, they were humans before their deaths. When a human dies, the brain stops functioning. However, a zombie can walk, groan, follow sound, and eat, none of which can be done when the brain is dead. Yet, zombies do not exhibit any higher mental capabilities. They no longer exhibit any of the traits that makes us human, only the core functions.

2 Likes

I think zombies themselves could teach students about what brain tastes like :no_mouth:

Zombies can teach now to eat a human brain! And what it tastes like.

As long as you don’t get eaten by zombies (zoom classes are highly recommended) and you know how to comunicate with the zombie, the posibilities are endless!

1 Like

Adding tags. @Health, @Discussions

3 Likes

If you dissect a zombie, you can see how the brain decays.

2 Likes

Are you speaking from experience, Alex?
What do you think, @OhSumana, do you think Ouija is a mad scientist?

2 Likes

Regarding the first point of zombies teaching students how to eat human brain, I don’t think it is preferable (legally) and we don’t want nine/ten year olds running around in the society, biting people and eating their brains raw.

Zombies possibly can’t teach normal humans anything in their indecipherable language ( if it can be considered language at all, since as humans or any other animals they don’t have the necessity of communicating with each other), though in some versions of zombies I have come across, they can speak a language (e.g. English in most cases). But still with a decaying brain and a soul purpose of satisfying their hunger, I doubt whether they are capable of or willing to invest their time in teaching their prey. I mean I wouldn’t normally try to teach a chicken about its metabolic system.

Dissection of a zombie brain to observe the decay of brain is acceptable when one is curious to learn how the zombie-brain decays, since the process should be different from that of a human one, because in case of non-zombies, an organism with a decaying brain should not be walking and groaning and feeling hunger.

1 Like

WOAH! This is sooo detailed, like, impressively so.

1 Like

I just tried to give reasons for my answers :laughing:

1 Like

That’s fair. The level of detail in them was incredible!

1 Like

I’m no scientist, but I sure am mad.

1 Like

Closed due to inactivity