What characters are most/least like you?

Which characters are most and least like you?

Have you ever intentionally made a character like you? Or have you made one the complete opposite of you? Which characters were they?

Are there any characters that aren’t yours that you think are like yourself?

3 Likes

I’ve never made a character who was intentionally the complete opposite of me, but I did base a few on myself.
They’re easier to rp because I know what I’d do in the situation

1 Like

Me too. It’d be hard for me to make a character the complete opposite of me

1 Like

I tend to add some sort of element of myself into any and all of my characters, Mainly for fun or plot. I’ve also made characters who are a complete 180 from me. And it can be sorta difficult, For the most part it’s wonderful and brings a lot more story opportunities.

Opposite of me would probably be Lyonrad :thinking: and most like me might be Sigurd or Tala?

Just adding tags

I try to not focus on how much like or unlike myself that my characters are, because I can find similarities to myself in each one as I write. Even down to something as natural as certain word choices or the way they react.

Though if I have to pick some that are the most like me and least like me, I’ve previously said Andrea Abelle from CHB because we act very similar, so I’ll stick with that statement. Least like me, though I still see similarities, (pieces of myself I put into a character whether I realize it then or not until later), with Quinn Castillo from BR2

1 Like

Elodie (BR) is most like me, definitely!
Least like me… Dorian (BR) and Finley (BR2)

Most of the MCs from my stories are very similar to me.

• Mia from Diary of a Middle School Teacher is probably the most like me. She likes what I like, hates what I hate, has a great relationship with her mom, and loves teaching teenagers.
  • Emilianna from Miss Understood does share a lot of my likes and dislikes, but she’s much more spoiled. Plus, she’s bold and sassy, which I am not, and doesn’t have a good relationship with her parents. She’s allergic to a lot of things, and I’m not allergic to anything.
  • Ellie from There’s No Accounting for Taste is like a 16-year-old version of me, and her outfits are based on clothes that I’d wear in real life.

Least like me would probably be Laura, Steve, Andre, and Ana Paola from There’s No Accounting for Taste, Tonalli from Diary of a Middle School Teacher, Nora from Miss Understood… all of these because my personality and interests are very different from theirs.
As for Eduardo from There’s No Accounting for Taste, we have the same tastes in music and food, but he’s much more organized than I am, good at math (I’m not), and he gets sick when it’s too cold, while I get headaches when it’s too hot.