What difficulty level do you typically play?

I normally play the easiest difficulty level :sweat_smile: I’m bad at most of the video games I’ve ever played and I hate losing :joy: I just tried once to play a “normal” difficulty level and got frustrated really quickly.

What about you? What difficulty level do you choose most of the time?

2 Likes

Really depends on the game
I usually don’t like the easiest one but sometimes it’s the only one that isn’t bloody impossible :joy:

1 Like

I always start at easy, sometimes later I will switch to normal or hard depending on good I am at the game.

1 Like

Easy or Normal. My biggest problem with higher difficulty settings is that, very often, it’s an exercise in frustration. Instead of challenging you, the games just get passive-aggressive on you. Also, if I play for a story, I don’t want tedious things like gameplay to get in my way :wink:

On the rare occasion when a higher difficulty level is actually rewarding, I go for it. I can’t imagine playing Xenonauts below Hard, and I only scale X-COM 2 down when dealing with one particular boss (who is passive-aggressive mechanics incarnate).

I actually love losing in video games as long as it feels fair and square, especially in strategy games. Losing fair and square makes a much more interesting story than taking a boring win :wink:

1 Like

I typically play at whatever the normal difficulty level is. That way there’s nothing to make it easier, and nothing to make it harder. Though I will admit that I have been in the middle of a combat encounter and temporarily changed to easy mode because I just couldn’t seem to win that battle no matter what I did. Then I changed back to normal mode.

After I beat a game on normal, then I’ll sometimes play it again on hard.

1 Like

I start at the hardest level first and then move to easiest if I can’t handle.

I usually put it on normal, especially because sometimes the difference between normal and easy are too vast and if I’m new to the game then I won’t want to play on hard or may not even have hard unlocked yet.

For example with Bayonetta you need to complete normal difficulty before you unlock hard, the difference between normal and easy is big to the extent playing on easy is genuinely boring

1 Like

This definitely still stands but I’d love to play a game on hard if I was used to the gameplay just as a challenge

1 Like

Closed due to inactivity