What distracts you from writing the most?

For me, it would be:

• The forums
  • Hot weather— I can’t concentrate when it’s too hot
  • If my nephews are playing outside and I can see them from my living room window, because I’m a protective aunt and I want to make sure they’re okay. If their mom is outside with them, it’s fine, but if they’re outside alone, I’m always looking to make sure other kids aren’t being rude or too aggressive with them.
  • Too much noise
9 Likes
  • The forums
  • New York being New York outside of my house
  • K-dramas. They give me a lot of inspiration but I end up binging them somehow
7 Likes

My own mind

6 Likes
  • The forums
  • School work
  • Literally anything.

I get distracted very easily.

6 Likes

Music! Idk how people do it. I just can’t. I really wish I could, but I get so caught up in the song, I forget what I’m doing.

5 Likes

•problems
•when my family needs my help or when they talk to me(I never have the time to write😫)
•school
•books
•friends
•when people nearby talk loudly (I can’t concentrate)

2 Likes
  • Daytime, I write at night usually. I could wake up early, but I’m no morning person :sweat_smile:
  • Youtube, definitely
  • School
  • Forums
  • Sometimes just other story ideas, I get wrapped up in them in my head and can’t write on my one idea I’ve been focused on.
  • Procrastination in general, really.
    I think youtube and my own mind distract me from writing the most. I write and stay up late-which is bad in. And sometimes I have so many projects and things to do and limited time to do it that I just spend so much time procrastinating without actually picking one and giving myself the chance to write! Then sometimes I think that I won’t like writing it or something or will get bored and then I don’t at least try and write something!
2 Likes
  • the forums
  • k-pop
  • instagram
  • music production
  • songwriting
  • people
  • too hot/too cold temperatures

anything, really.

3 Likes

Well in my case

1. Lack of creative ideas
  2. Lack of free time
4 Likes

In my case phone , food & sleep is my biggest enemy

2 Likes

don’t forget Tae :wink:

2 Likes

Aishhhh! :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

the forums and rain.

i like working in nice weather.

My lack of confidence when writing. I get helpful criticism all the time, and I low-key need it, but I tend to second guess myself a LOT after I receive it. I usually tell myself I’m giving up the story, then I go back to it and continue writing. It’s just an endless cycle, really. I even did the test, I’m 92% turbulent, and 8% self-assured. That really isn’t good. I hope it doesn’t sound like I’m bragging, but what would I even be bragging abt tho…

I’ve been told often that my biggest problem is my head. I don’t even doubt it. They are so right…

Youtube…never fails. Also, when my I’m being pestered by someone. If I’m not feeling great I will lose the motivation to do anything. Being overworked at work. Video games sadly. There are probably more reasons but this is what comes up for the moment.

The forums.
Sleeping.
Going outside.
Television.
Video games.
My phone.

wifi

and my own mental problems

MY OWN STUPIDITY

1 Like

and yall tbh

Too much noise and sometimes music! I do like to listen to music while writing, it does inspire me but it also really distracts me!

2 Likes