What does nostalgia mean to you

So, I had a big relization a few months ago.
I was like “I have to grow up…”
After that I started to cry because I’m going to miss my childhood, but I hope the newer generation has more options in life, is safer, and has fun.

So after watching some memes and stuff I use to watch in elementary, middle school (I’m in highschool at the moment)
I started to think if some questions for a discussion…

1. What was your favorite show growing up?
  2. What’s your favorite movie growing up?
  3. What was your worst fear growing up?
  4. What will you miss about your childhood once you grow up?
  5. What is something you hope future generations get to experience?
  6. What is something you hope future generations DONT experience?
  7. What do you look forward to in the future?:blush:( Could look forward to late teens, twenties, thirties, forties, fifties etc)
  8. What is your best winter memory?
  9. What is your best summer memory?
  10. What’s something you did when younger that you found peaceful?
  11. What’s your best photo when younger?
3 Likes

For me I’d say.

1. Hey Arnold, proud family, power Puff girls
  2. White Chicks, tangled, princess and the frog
  3. Definitely the dark
  4. I’ll miss being carefree to be honest, I remember I didn’t have to worry about much in the world
  5. I hope they experience world Peace.
  6. I hope they do not experience bad hiystory
  7. Marriage, children, memories.
  8. Going to my brothers football games in the winter time, me and my mother would watch Christmas movies and make necklaces in the car while my brother played his games.
  9. Going to the amusement parks
  10. Riding in the car while I was wrapped in a blanket, spending hours riding to a location as music played in the background and I played with water droplets on the window :blush:
  11. Me in my princess Aurora costume looking p*seed off.
1 Like

Moved to the Discuss category and added some tags :innocent:

My class is about to start but I’ll come back to your questions!

1 Like

Thank you :relieved:

1 Like

Oooh, Hannah Montana!! I had so many posters of Miley, I was highkey obsessed hahah

Home Alone :relieved:
I still watch it with my parents every Christmas

I honestly don’t remember! I was really scared of dogs but not anymore

Well, I’m an adult now so :pleading_face:
I just miss being free, with no worries

Playing outside with friends! Playing hide and seek or dodgeball!
Kids these days are glued to their phones and it makes me so sad! They are missing out on so much!!!

Wars and just really bad society

Having my own family

Making igloo with my dad when I was really young :pleading_face:

It’s not one single memory, but one place! In Montenegro, my uncle had a house and I would spend all summer there! He sold it when I was about 8, I miss that place so much! I had so many friends there and we all had houses right next to the sea…

Hm, I honestly don’t know…
My memory is also kinda bad

We had so many plays in kindergarten and I was a princess once!! It’s my favourite photo

1 Like

Princess twins! :pleading_face:

Thanks for sharing!

OSWALD!

The Jungle Book! Mowgli and Bagheera will forever have my heart :sob:

That I will lose my parents. I still have that fear. :pleading_face:

I will miss being innocent. I will miss having less responsibilities. I will miss having less complications in life.

Healthy family relations and self-love.

I hope they don’t experience peer pressure, groupism and bullying.

A stable, high-profile and high-paying job or perhaps me and my sister doing business together. My parents being alive and healthy. Having a lovely and cozy home. And most importantly - having travel vacations A LOT.

Going to Katra with my family 8-9 months ago in February. I had waited like 8 years to go to that place :star_struck:

The birth of my sister in May. She made my mom a mother the second time and made me a sister for the first time in my life :blush:

Climbing trees. I could sit on the branch all day and be with myself reading a book or just appreciating the scenery.

Lol, I might share it later. I gotta sleep now.

1 Like

Tom and Jerry and Phineas and Ferb

I don’t know, but I’ve always liked “The Lion King” as a kid some reason. Mufasa’s death still makes me cry even as a grown-up.

Dying (I’m still afraid of it sometimes). I’m also afraid of losing the people I love, especially my grandma.

I miss having less responsibilities. I also miss not worrying about my future and other grown-up stuff. Sometimes I feel like it’s better to be a child again.

Less dependency on modern technology, playing outside with friends, a healthy family, and inhaling clean and fresh air.

Another pandemic, any form of abuse, bullying, discrimination, and the bad effects of climate change

I want to have a decent house, a stable job in the medical field, and a humble and childless life together with my future significant other.

I also want to travel around the world with my family and friends.

We don’t have winter in our country, so I’ll skip this.

I don’t know. I have a lot of good summer memories, and I don’t know which one is my favorite.

I like sitting on our garden while introspecting about my life and playing with the cats. I still do this up until now whenever I have a time to spare.

I have this baby pic that was taken on a local studio. I look so adorable and innocent on that photo.

1 Like

hm, well.

1. Pingu, definitely. Or maybe Gag concert.
  2. I don’t remember- I didn’t really watch movies.
  3. The dark, definitely.
  4. Having time for friends and not having to pay taxes or bills-
  5. Having a good family. (it doesn’t have to be by blood)
  6. Thinking they’re not good enough or that they shouldn’t be able to have good things.
  7. The time I graduate college, so probably my late twenties (I’m talking around 27-28)
  8. Making a snowman for the very first time when I had lived in California.
  9. I went to this summer camp and met so many good people that I wish I still new today.
  10. Taking a bath with my toys :blush:
  11. It was me as a little toddler, with two braids and a sports uniform, and I had a pot on my head.
1 Like

Jessie! I loved watching that show when I was a kid!

My favorite was Shrek and Tangled growing up. Whenever I watch Shrek 1, it’s gives me nostalgia when I was little, I still love that movie.

Probably failing and being alone (I overcame that fear and I love being alone now)

Playing a lot of Minecraft, I just had a great time playing it but now I dislike it cuz I find it boring and not having a lot work.

Probably experiencing living on my own

Um failing school

Ahh meeting my best friends and going on adventures with them, I really want to do that one day, watch anime with my best friends, anddd play video games with them

Don’t have any

Probably last years bday

Okay so my mom used to play 80s American music while i used to play jigsaw dinosaur puzzles

Honestly nothing

1 Like

For me, nostalgia happens when I suddenly experience a familiar feeling I haven’t experienced in a long time. I didn’t watch tv or listen to music when I was younger so my nostalgia doesn’t come from there. Instead, it comes from hearing specific phrases or voices and recognizing something from smell

2 Likes

It was What’s New Scooby Doo?

Labyrinth

Spiders

I am grown up, I miss nothing

A fun time

War

Figuring my life out :joy:

Playing in the snow the one time it snowed here

Summer of 2019 here on the forum

We used to go to the countryside alot

There are some cute baby pictures of me ngl