What does your character think about tanning?

When thinking about sunny weather and how while some people (like myself) burn easily in the sun, others will relax in the sun and let their skin tan and develop a darker shade. Some, whether they typically burn or tan, enjoy tanning and may even choose to go to places such as a tanning booth where they can tan without the harsh rays of the sun.

So this got me thinking, how would characters approach tanning?

Does your character typically tan, or sunburn?
What do they think about tanning?
If they like tanning, how do they prefer to tan?

5 Likes

Alrighty, let’s give this a go for my characters in Aegritudo Amoris, before it starts. (wink)

Hedley - Every summer… unless fae can do it naturally.
Kenzy - They tend to tan naturally, so don’t really need it. In saying that, they have done it once. During their teen years, when there was a particularly important family event they had to attend, they found the morning of that puberty was causing havoc with their skin. In order to appear perfect, they had to get evenly tanned and apply makeup to hide the imperfections.
Vanda - No, Just NO!
Xandy - Xe isn’t really one to go to the beach much. Swimming or sunbathing isn’t something xe should do, for certain reason that will become apparent later on in the RP. As for tanning, xe hasn’t tried it and isn’t likely to either.

5 Likes

^^^ Hey @LovesickGang, if you want to get thinking about your characters before the RP starts, what do you think they think of tanning?

3 Likes

Emberlynn, I could see her go tanning in a tanning salon like once every 3ish months. With her being a frequent traveler, she gets sun very irregularly, but wants her skin to be equally tanned throughout the year. She would burn easily if she doesn’t do this as well

Camila lives in a sunny and hot location, she is just super tanned throughout the whole year without needing to do anything about it really. She thinks tanning should be done naturally.

I think Leah would burn easiest out of them all, but as she lives in a very cold area she never will really. But even now in Angeles for the Selection, she might already burn if she will be outside…

Amanda is quite a different case, her complexion makes that she basically can’t really burn and is protected better naturally. She is from a sunny part as well, so whatever protection she needs to build up more will also happen automatically.

1 Like