What drew you to anime/manga?

I started watching anime and reading manga because I was introduced to the genre by an older sibling. I enjoyed seeing everything that could be done with the animations and how the world-building was done, so I kept watching more shows (albeit very slowly) and started to really appreciate the genre. I think the way that anime could tell these stories, exaggerated things in an entertaining way, and told more unique stories really is what drew me to anime.

So, what drew you to anime/manga?

5 Likes

Watching a movie called Serect World Of Arriety & Ouran Highschool Host Club, then buying manga books to read from the bookstore. Really got me hooked and wanted to see more anime.

1 Like

i really liked that movie!

I haven’t seen Ouran high school host club, though

1 Like

watch it on Youtube, whenever u want.

Short answer: Crazed child desperately looking for cartoons that has no idea what cartoons are meets YouTube Recommendations.

Long Answer/My life story apparently because this was a whole lot of TMI:

For me, personally, I just wanted to watch cartoons. I wasn’t allowed to watch them growing up, and I also didn’t know what the term cartoons was (like, I didn’t know that was the name) and whenever I tried to explain it people had no idea what the heck I was talking about don’t ask about how I described them. We don’t talk about that.

Anyway, on a better time on YouTube where “Copyright? Who’s she?” was the main consensus on the platform, I came upon this show called Peach Girl Don’t search it up, pleeaaassee. I lost several braincells with that show and watched that for a while before YouTube recommendations made me the weeb I am today. That’s pretty much it. :sunglasses:

On that topic, what anime/manga drew you in the most? Personally I think mine were from one of my first animes I watched; Sailor Moon, Kyo Kara Maoh, Rurouni Kenshin, and Bleach. :eyes:

Lmao, uh… my parents? I basically grew up on it without knowing that it was called anime :joy: I had a Sailor Moon outfit and Sailor Moon dolls when I was 3 and owned a fair few episodes on VHS >.> We also had Pokemon, Digimon, Yugioh etc. running on early morning TV back in the day.

Manga I got into when they started stocking it at the library (I think I was 12?). Hilariously I think the first one I read was Love Hina :eyes: Then Fruits Basket :3 Then I started trying to draw because anime art was very pleasing :joy: I sucked so bad back then.

2 Likes

Pretty sure it was @ChaoticDeluge :eyes:

1 Like

My friend Gabby got me into Hetalia. I love her. Not as a friend. She’s straight. I hate myself.

Mostly my really good friends drew me in and convince me to delve into the anime and manga world. What about you, @anon68003072?

1 Like

Well alot of people that I went to school with liked it then I got the opportunity to watch the anime on netflix, I went to college near a book shop that sold manga too so I was just able to get fully into it but I’m even more into it now :joy:

1 Like

Nice. That’s really handy. HEHE

1 Like

Closed due to inactivity