What game is considered the black sheep of your favourite game franchise?

There are some games that are considered the “black sheep” within a game franchise. I’m sure people know some of them
But what game is considered the black sheep of your favourite game franchise? And do you agree?

1 Like

Really, I’m surprised this I missed this thread. The game that would be the black sheep of my favorite game series is The Sims 3. There was a lot of backlash with the release of The Sims 3 but I still liked the series more than other versions that were released. Though I’m trying to do something with my regular computer so that I can hopefully run The Sims 3 properly.

What game was the black sheep of your favorite game series?

@GamersUnite
@Gamers

1 Like

Really? I’d say either the Sims 1 or 4 are the black sheeps. Now that the new-gen sims are released, TS1 feels so old, especially since it doesn’t have a 3D camera like the rest of the games. TS4 is just a cash-grab, and I think it’s the most hated game at this point. If it wasn’t for the amazing modders and CC creators, I doubt anyone would even play it. The only complaints I ever heard about TS3 were that it was a lag bomb, which… fair.

2 Likes

Yeah, during the time I was playing Sims 3 it was considered the black sheep of the series. I always had problems playing the Sims games on my old computers. Except for Windows 7 it played on that software like easily. I actually like Sim’s 4 without the mods. I tried them but got over them really quickly. The only mods that I will be keeping is the neighborhood map mods. They look a whole lot better than the generic Sims 4 neighborhoods. I haven’t played Sims 1 in years to be honest. I probably wouldn’t play it now.

2 Likes

Dead space 3. Due to EA getting MUCH worse and that was the game that showcased it. Beloved series ended by this train wreck
Doom 3. Not a bad black sheep. But VERY different from what the other games are. Other games fast paced shooter that’s mostly action. Doom 3. Puts more emphasis on the horror.
F.E.A.R. 3 Another hated game in a beloved series. But mostly due to it’s story just being bad. Also added Co-op which somehow was a redeeming factor. Extra modes were also fun.
I tbh agree with all of these. Doom 3 people see as bad I just see it as different. Not as good as the old games but still good in it’s own way.

3 Likes

I don’t really know what my favourite franchise is but like, I don’t hear good things about Final Fantasy 15 and in terms of Zelda, nobody likes Zelda 2.

1 Like

Uh…no clue. Most likely a Pokemon game.

1 Like

Closed due to inactivity