What genres are rarely done for RPs or SGs?

What genres are rarely done for RPs or SGs? What do you want to see more of? What kind of plots do you think there should be for the unused genres?

I think there are some genres that are avoided becuase they would be hard to do e.g musical… and maybe even comedy too? I haven’t seen a lot of horror and action, which I would love to see more of. Though I think action could also be difficult.

7 Likes

Comedy centered RPs are extremely uncommon, partly due to it being difficult to create and maintain the comedy itself. Many of us RPers focus on the intense and dramatic, though comedy does have its moments within individual scenes.

Action RPs are uncommon as well, though they do exist, like CHB for example. I feel that many RPers tend to steer away from action rps, due to the nature of the action requiring more focus and not all RPers tend to like RPing action/combat scenes necessary for an action RP.

Horror. This is a genre that I often see people wanting, but they rarely are made. Whether it’s because of lack of ideas, or that to pull off the idea as envisioned, it may slip beyond pg-13 or be too near the edge to go through with bringing the idea to life.

Sci-fi is another one I’ve seen people want. Those tend to need more well developed plans with the plots, so they aren’t usually created.

2 Likes

Second on sci-fi. I’ve seen some science fantasy or steampunk RPs, but pure SF is really rare. Then again, SF is not that much of a popular genre - maybe it’s in low demand?

2 Likes

Horror or thriller would be great to see here done in a PG-13 way, as would Sci-fi too.

What about you, @RPers, what would you like to see?

7 Likes

Action/adventure, horror and comedy :eyes:

3 Likes

cough Saw cough

4 Likes

I really want to see some horror and some sci-fi.

I’ve been trying to think of ideas, but I haven’t had much luck. (Got one that could fit the horror/thriller type category I think, but I don’t know about it yet.)

2 Likes

BAHAHAHA! I mentioned this to either you or Brooke, I will aim to bring it back in 2021.

3 Likes

Ooooh…

1 Like

Yes that was Brooke but I stalked that conversation :sunglasses:
Ooh :eyes::eyes: intruiging

We talking like releasing signups jan 1st 12AM kiwi time (so really dec 31 for most of world which eheheh not complainign) or like… I shouldn’t set timer for new years?

3 Likes

I’ve been trying to think of ideas with my new inspiration from finally watching horror movies so I’ve got an idea based on a movie I watched, but I don’t know details for it yet.

1 Like

Oh, righto. I thought we had the conversation in our PM too, but okay. (wink)

HAHAHA! We’ll see closer to the time with how busy I am and how productive I am with writing.

2 Likes

Ooooh… I’m really intrigued now.

1 Like

:pleading_face:

I’m working on the idea, and trying to think of some more ideas too.
I’m really trying to think out and have at least a couple horror/thriller ideas ready.

2 Likes

OH yes but I don’t think about specific time on when

Okie doke :eyes: sets timer anyway

2 Likes

(Claps hands excitedly)

BAHAHAHA! You’re so adorable.

2 Likes

Horror would be interesting. Definitely a genre to get creative with considering how it’s usually off of suspense and jump-scares.

1 Like

Oooh, thriller.

1 Like

I tried making a horror RP back on the episode forums and it didn’t take off. People didn’t even like the idea so I didn’t even make the sign ups page …

I’d like to see more history based RPs or SGs … and by history based I don’t mean decades in the 20th century or something victorian, edwardian, fantasy medieaval and so on. I mean real historical events. Like the battle of Gallipolje, Waterloo …

I would like to see Jalta Jalta (Croatian Musical) in RP or SG form. Like who wouldn’t like to see the RP version of the conference at Jalta, the fourth of February 1945 and the events leading up to it as there are soliders from all around the world and staff of the house and the crazy fights that would break out if we put them in a house together.

1 Like