What is Feng Shui?

Feng Shui, literally meaning “wind and water,” is a traditional Chinese concept linking the destiny of man to his environment. It aims to ensure that people live in harmony with their surroundings. The Chinese have a deep belief in Ch’i, and it is incorporated into many aspects of their life.
Ch’i or qi is the circulating life energy that in Chinese philosophy is thought to be inherent in all things; in traditional Chinese medicine the balance of negative and positive forms in the body is believed to be essential for good health.

Here is an example of the Feng Shui energy chart!

• Have you ever heard of it?
  • What are your thoughts on it?
2 Likes

I guess I’m obligated to talk about this

Feng Shui can be incorporated into decor, interior design, and architecture to ensure balance. You can see many examples of this in China, like I did on a trip there a few years ago. Even companies from other countries make sure to comply with this tradition when building facilities in China. Disney made sure that their parks in Shanghai and Hong Kong (If you want to still include them in China, I personally don’t) were designed with Feng Shui in mind with the help of local experts. All five elements of Fire, Water, Wood, Earth, and Metal were included in the designs of the parks as well. It’s nice to see them adding these touches to honor the Chinese culture.

2 Likes

Wow that’s amazing :brown_heart::dizzy:

1 Like

I’ve heard of it but I’ve never heard anything good about it. That’s probably because, here, you only find “experts” who try to sell their super expensive furniture and books to you without really explaining anything.

I also didn’t know about this. That actually sounds like a really good thing!

2 Likes

Closed due to inactivity