What is more important, acting or special effects?

This is such a difficult question but I’m going to say it depends on the movie! Personally I prefer it when a balance is struck between the two :sunglasses: what do you guys think?

6 Likes

I think acting is more important! But I agree both are very important! Acting helps the audience feel what the character does :smiley:

@ Discussions

5 Likes

Acting, definitely! If acting is down-the-drain, I ain’t watching the thing no matter how much your budget was for the CGI effects etc :cowboy_hat_face:

Like GoT season 1. There weren’t much CGI effects or cool action scenes. But the acting and dialogues were to live for, man :exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head:

4 Likes

Both :hugs:

3 Likes

Acting, I won’t watch a show with bad acting.

2 Likes

The acting is the most important part!
If the acting is bad, no matter of effects will make it better.

3 Likes

Hm if its an scifi or action movie then yeah i wouldnt watch it if the effects are bad-
But yeah acting is important too

3 Likes

I think if the acting is bad, I just can’t take the production seriously :grinning:

3 Likes

Acting!

3 Likes

I agree, I think a most powerful thing is when the acting is so good I can actually feel it. SE don’t really matter to me compared to acting :pleading_face:

5 Likes

Both are crucial for me when watching shows. Special effects can be pleasing to look at, but when the acting is bland and stale, I get turned off instantly. At the same time, I also can’t stand poorly-executed special effects. I would rather watch a film that has barely any special effects but with good acting, rather than a film that is heavy on special effects but with terrible acting.

3 Likes

While SFX are cool, I feel like it’s really the acting that makes the movie. The movie could have super epic SFX, but if the acting is horrible, then it ruins the movie.

4 Likes

I would prefer good acting but like others said, bad special effects take away from the movie. (Like the movie Sharknado)

2 Likes

Okay yeah good acting is important but actively bad special effects really just make stuff so hard to watch

1 Like

Both

Acting, unless the special effects are so horrible that not even the acting can save it.

Closed due to inactivity