What Is RP Drama To You?

Drama, the one thing you can count on that all RPers look for. That’s where we have some of the most interesting things happen in an RP. Drama outside of the RP among RPers is never enjoyable, but within the story we all look for drama at every available opportunity.

So, what is drama to you in an RP?
What makes the drama interesting?
What makes it predictable?
Do you usually create the drama, participate after the idea has been set into motion, or do you prefer to keep your characters out of it and sit back with popcorn and watch as an RPer?

@RPers

5 Likes

When characters earn a tension between them and try to relieve it through bumping heads in their story.

Depends on the kind of drama.

The foreshadowing.

Depends.

3 Likes

Conflict in a character and towards or between characters :thinking:

If it affects not just them but people around them as well.

Overused subplots, I guess

That depends on my character, honestly, but I’m usually the one who steps back especially because I’m shy about saying “Hey, [NAMEOFMYCHARACTER] should check on it because blah blah” xD

1 Like

Drama is for me a collision of interest between two characters. The most interesting on is where your character has a goal and the other person keeps them from doing so.

This can be small like ‘I like this guy, I want him to be my boyfriend’ but the other person is his current girlfriend.

but also: ‘I want to get more confidence’ but that other person keeps putting them down.

it keeps things interesting. if it’s all smooth sailing, things get boring.

When it’s something that has been done a lot or when it’s something you think of straight away, I think.

I think I’m close to torturing my characters by how often I’m okay with giving them drama and events :joy:

What about you @RPers, do you guys like drama and what do you guys think falls under drama?

4 Likes

I love drama in an RP but I prefer when it isn’t planned. As it’s more spontaneous and surprises the writers as well as the readers. Though I do believe that the RP creator plays an important role in conducting events and stuff in order to try to create drama.

What are your thoughts, @MCSS & @CHBRPers?

1 Like

Yes everything unplanned is always good to see! But I think that there should at least be like a small interaction between the RPers to kickstart it, since they are different characters from different RPers after all. I also would love to see drama that started necause of something that happened IRP :eyes:

1 Like

YES, starting conversation is always good, though I always find the the OP let’s it drag on for far too long and things get boring. To the point where the RP begins to die before it begins.

Agreed

2 Likes