What is the most memorable holiday you had when you were a child?

I don’t have just one memorable holiday, I have some special memories and moments from different holidays. Like being on a boat and just staring at the sea, being at the beach with my friends all day when I was really young, finding a jellyfish, celebrating my birthdays at my uncle’s house that was next to the beach and playing so so so many games with my friends then. I guess I just cherish that house and friends I had back then…

• What is the most memorable holiday you had when you were a child?

@Discussions

5 Likes

My family didn’t (and still doesn’t) go on holiday too often

But I do remember two of them quite well even tho they were ages ago

1. My first time in the UK was like around Christmas 2009 I think
  2. The time we went to my mum’s ex husband’s son in America like two years later
2 Likes

A road trip around NZ’s south island with my uncle when I was 13. He took me skiing a couple times.

When I went to Disney World in Florida. My most vivid memory from that trip was getting freaked out by the animatronics on the It’s A Small World ride.

1 Like

I have have one, on Christmas Eve my family we go to my grandma home and she cook dinner after church for a Christmas play. The best present :gift: I got from my grandma was a piano keyboard. The other thing she did was really neat, she created a game that the envelope continent money from a $5 and $20
Although my family had to choose a number when I got my keyboard :musical_keyboard: I also got the $20 once. But unfortunately I spend on a piano book.

1 Like

Two week holiday road trip with my uncle. We went skiing.

What about you, @Discussions?

1 Like

We had gone to Paris and Switzerland when I was in 1st grade.

1 Like

I was a teen, but we went to England several years ago. It was awesome, but I lost my phone and got stuck on a train. In Paddington Station, no less.

1 Like

You mean an actual holiday (Christmas, New Year’s Eve, etc.) or a vacation period?

1 Like

Can be anything ig :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Okay, so… a memorable holiday:
I’m going to pick the entire Christmas season from when I was 8 years old, because I remember doing lots of fun activities with friends, family, and in school. I went to the Festival of Trees with my family and my best friend, and we performed at a lot of festivals because we were taking tap dancing and baton twirling classes. I remember being super excited for my gifts that year, and in school, we got to make all kinds of cool crafts.

1 Like

Oh, if we’re talking holiday like that then it’ll be a Christmas when I was about 12. It was raining and miserable, but my grandma, partner, and about three others (local farmers) all had a huge dinner (lunch) followed by a massive inside water fight, then we all sat down to have dessert.

1 Like

Closed due to inactivity