What is the worst way you've seen someone shade?

I don’t think I’ve seen anyone shade really bad, maybe because I’m not really into art much so I don’t really study but maybe you guys have seen someone shade really bad that it made you cringe! :sweat_smile:

So what’s the worse way you’ve seen someone shade?

4 Likes

We played never have I ever and when it was this girl’s turn she looks straight at me and says “Never have I ever talked about someone behind their back?”. I was thrown off my damn axis. She talks the most sh*t and spreads all the rumors like tf? :joy: Epic fail.

If anything I should be asking her that.

3 Likes

Lmaoooo :joy:
Ok I’m in confusion sm because the shade I’m talking about is art shading, not the other type of shade as we know it :skull::joy: but yes I do understand where you’re coming from.

2 Likes

Ohhhh :sob:

I read “throw shade” noooo

I’m sorri, I think I need glasses now. :flushed:

2 Likes

:joy::joy: Nawwww you’re good… it happens to all of us ok
I did way worse than that but laughed it off… yes it’s embarrassing but idc :star_struck:

1 Like

A big ticker is probably in art where you have a wet brush on traditional and students get the idea that they can paint in different directions to fill a drawing. Unless the canvas is supposed to be chaotic, everyone is going to see those unaligned brush strokes

4 Likes

any time I shade :woozy_face:

2 Likes

Lmao this made me laugh so hard XD

I also wanted to write something about “trowing shade” btw :skull_and_crossbones:

But back on topic haha I am terrible at shading haha

2 Likes

:joy::joy: for reall maybe I should’ve just made the topic about throwing shade instead
but I had a good laugh

3 Likes

Lol, this made me laugh

3 Likes

I used to shade in spots where I shouldn’t shade. My teacher once asked me where I imagine the light coming from and I asked “What light?” :joy: She took some extra time to explain it to me :sweat_smile:

@Artists What’s the worst way you’ve seen someone shade?

I thought you meant throwing shade

I have but a different kind of shade :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Probably when people just don’t have any consistency in the direction the light comes from :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Not specifically shade but I hate it when people use their fucking fingers to blend.
It’s disgusting and it makes everything messy.
Also, the oils in your fingers can destroy the paper.

Honestly I think I’m entirely against blending with graphite. Personally to me that tells me you’re too shit to use a pencil and must resort to q-tips and your greasy fingers to try and make it better.

(idk man i have successfully shaded without the use of blending several times lol)

Honestly I don’t see anything bad with shading in the spots that are meant to have light.
If your drawing is quite dark, lightly shading the light parts can decrease the clash between blank paper and graphite, making your work look a little more real.

BUT it does depend on what you’re drawing tbf

Especially with watercolour man.
The bleed is awful and it’s so obvious to see if you’re doing it in different directions.

1 Like