What is your favourite song in a language you don't understand?

There’s something amusing about listening to music in a foreign language, especially one you don’t understand. Use this thread to share what your favourite song in a language you don’t understand is!

Personally, I would say 99 Luftballons by Nena. My mom used to play the song sometimes when I was younger and still enjoy listening to it, even though I don’t understand much German.

4 Likes

Peek a boo & Bad boy by Red velvet

2 Likes

I’m trying to learn French but I still don’t understand anything (only when I look up lyrics on English) so here are some beautiful songs!

Also, I adore Die Toten Hosen but I understand and can speak German
Well I could…

2 Likes

I just realized that I know this song, I think it was on Just Dance? :joy: I had my german cousins translate it for me when they came to visit.

‘Chase me’ by DreamCatcher (in both Korean & Japanese) is currently my favorite non-English song (as of now) although I really can’t choose.

My favorite songs that aren’t in English are *insert dreamcatcher’s and CLC’s discography here.

2 Likes

TASTE

i love those

1 Like

Currently, I’m in love with TXT’s new “survival” song called PUMA. Even though I don’t understand Korean, the song’s vibe and melody are truly powerful and there’s a sad story hidden in the lyrics. :exclamation: Don’t open the page if you’re easily triggered though :exclamation:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L8hTET_8cYE

1 Like

Okay so mine is ‘Take Off’ by WayV. It’s in Chinese, and I don’t understand one bit. BUT I really like the way it sounds, the the song and the rhymes are catchy and the English bits go perfectly with the song.

2 Likes

I love “It’s Too Late” by Toshiki Kadomatsu. I can’t find Romaji or English for the song but the melody is beautiful.

I also love “As The Night Goes On” by Seo Taiji and Boys

but I don’t speak Korean or Japanese :sweat_smile: I only know some words/phrases

1 Like

I really can’t remember the name of the second theme song for deathnote but I do really like tjat song and it counts since it’s in a different language

2 Likes
2 Likes

I used to love this song!!

1 Like

Same it’s so nostalgic

1 Like

Omlll me and my sisters get lit to this at night in 2014 (whenever it came out) when my mom was asleep :laughing:

1 Like

I just have to add this song

1 Like

Added #youtube tag :blush:

I’d probably have to say this one:

Closed due to inactivity :two_hearts: