What it means if you see children’s shoes hanging from a tree or power line

I do realize that what I’m about to say should probably be in the RS, but more people need to see this, so if you’re sensitive, TURN BACK NOW. TRIGGER WARNING. Are you still here? Alright. So, my friend and I were driving back from Hobby Lobby, and saw an abandoned cemetery, which spiked my interest. I said we should go back and check it out, but they said they’d agree, except for one thing. There were children’s shoes hanging from the power lines overhead. They explained that this was a sign of child trafficking. Naturally, I freaked, because despite being nineteen, I honestly look like a 12 year old. Yeah…very bad.

1 Like

why would u tag discussions in something like this )):

Also, I doubt what they said is true: “In some neighborhoods, shoes tied together and hanging from power lines or tree branches signify that someone has died. The shoes belong to the dead person. The reason they are hanging, legend has it, is that when the dead person’s spirit returns, it will walk that high above the ground, that much closer to heaven.”

" In a more serious vein, people said the shoes signify where to buy drugs; they memorialize victims of gun violence; or they represent a crew marking their block."

2 Likes

Oops. Sorry, guys. I didn’t think.

1 Like

My friend actually went through this, not to be rude, but they know…sadly.

1 Like

It’s a discussion thread. She is allowed to use that tag for this section. Even if it is a sensitive topic. @Ouijaloveletters next time put it in a hidden and the warning above the tag.

3 Likes

Alright, I will.

2 Likes

Okay cool, sometimes shoes like that could mean someone missing too.

2 Likes

Right. It could mean a lot to things, but that’s just what they told me.

2 Likes

I’m aware, I was just noting it seems less of a discussion and more of an information dump/story time. There’s no discussion starter nor questions, just a triggering topic and story for some.

Aw, that’s awful. No one deserves to be trafficked or anything like that, it’s utterly disgusting people do those things. I’m glad she’s out of that situation tho!!

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s terrible. They’re slowly healing.

1 Like

Interesting, it does seem strange but I bet it probably just mark of missing or the dead like Kalon said.

That’s what a story is though. You have to have a backstory for every topic you make so it’s normal to information dump so that other users can get an idea of the topic. Well, now she knows what to do with triggering information now. Though it was okay to use this tag since it is a topic. Let’s stay on topic though.

2 Likes

I mean, it was near a cemetery. I’m curious now, so I’ll see what they have to say in a couple hours.

1 Like

That’s true but strange occurrences tend to happen in cemeteries so I will be interested in what is said as well.

1 Like

Want mr to tag you when I ask?

1 Like

Yeah, that would be good with me! Oh so, you should watch this youtuber called Mr. Ballen. He is a former navy seal who tells stories that have happened around the world. This instance reminds me of the 411 missing playlist he has. You might be interested in what type of videos he makes.

well i know in one movie, i think some kids chucked it over a line then it got zapped by lightning then he was very good at basketball cause he could jump.

a few years ago, on the last day of school, some kid threw they shoes over the powerlines and it got caught (they kept doing it until it got caught I think) then the shoes were there for at least a year. this was on school property

Closed due to inactivity