What makes a good restaurant menu?

Presentation?
Images of the actual food?
Font?
Descriptions of each item?

I think it’s all of these. An attractive and well-designed menu can make the food seem more appetizing, while a sloppy, ugly menu might make the food seem less appetizing.
Images of the actual food should be on the menu so that people can see what they are ordering, instead of some fake stock images that look nothing like the dishes they serve.
The font should be easy to read but also go with the theme of the restaurant.
And descriptions are very important, as customers want to know what ingredients are in the dish they are ordering.

1 Like

Remy.

In Austria, we have this weird thing of judging a restaurant by the food that you get. There are 4-5 meals that every restaurant needs to have or nobody will go there. There are people who go to a restaurant, check the menu if these meals are on there and if they are not, they leave. So it’d be a bad menu without those meals on it.

1 Like

Does it have chicken nuggets on? Yes? Good menu :sunglasses:

1 Like

Umm if they have really nice dishes that are appetizing to try or dishes I know about, they make a rad menu. :dizzy::yellow_heart:

• Should be neat-looking with a good font
  • Have reasonable prices and gud food
  • Should be clean

Large print, and a handheld copy. I really hate wall mounted menus because I can’t see.

Nice organization is a big key. You have to be able to find what there is to order easily.

The font and color has to be easily readable.

There should be some kind of nice design to it so the menu doesn’t look boring and sterile. The menu is part of the customer’s experience, so it should be aesthetically pleasing and fit with the overall theme of the restaurant.

There also needs to be a variety of food options, types of things so people who are picky eaters or those who are at the restaurant with someone even if they don’t like the main type of food will have something they’ll probably like. (Ex. At a seafood restaurant, having a few non-seafood options such as chicken tenders or a vegetarian option)

@Foodies what do you guys think makes a good restaurant menu? Not just in the food, but in the aspects of the menu design itself.

1 Like

Ideally ones that aren’t covered in food and mess
I like the laminated ones that clean easily
I like easy to read fonts too
There’s also a lot of pubs here that are part of a chain so they have colourful and easy to read menus

1 Like

Honestly, just simplicity. Don’t give customers too many options, just a small variety that the place can perfect.

Closed due to inactivity