What programs do you use for your online lessons?

We have a thread to discuss online schooling in general here, but this thread is to specifically discuss the things/websites/programs you use for online lessons :smiley_cat::green_heart::eyes::sparkles:

So what programs does your school use?
Do you like them?
Would you prefer another system?
Do you actually learn something or do you feel like it’s just a waste of time?

We have a free schooling program called mebis which is quite easy to understand but doesn’t work well because it’s usually overloaded. We also got access to an app called simpleclub but we only used it over and I found it annoying. :eyes::eyes:
Some of our teachers just email us work and I feel like I learn the most this way actually :eyes::sparkles::green_heart:

2 Likes

My school uses zoom, the school website, canvas, ladok (nothing new except from zoom)… The students use google sheets and docs for collaborations and we talk over discord. So if you see me active on discord and not replying, I’m probably in a 4 hours long group meeting. sigh

Do you like them?
They seem to be working fine. :wink:

Nah, I’m fine with the system. There are some teachers who come up with their own ways of doing things which is very confusing. Otherwise I’m fine with what it is.

I learn… I’m just not very disciplined and effective at the moment.

2 Likes

Zoom, but there’s some news about Zoom stealing/hacking accounts so we switched to Webex, then our teacher says that her computer can’t support so many people or so and moved back to Zoom.

We also have an app/website that we use and our teachers send homework through that. It was originally used for computer classes but now there’s every other lessons too owo

I find it hard to find my homework because everything is a notification, even if someone posts something in a discussion, or the teachers upload their PPT, it’s all just a notification. It doesn’t specify what it’s for.

Do you like them?
It’s not bad.

I’d prefer another system for teachers to send in homework but all in all it’s still okay.

It is a waste of time when the connection is bad and Zoom keeps logging me out sometimes. In other times, I do learn a little something.

2 Likes

Google classroom. It’s alright but I can’t reply to some assignments because it’s formatted weird and won’t let me.

3 Likes

I saw something like that very briefly :frowning: We don’t have accounts though, just go to the link of the day lol.

Same… especially since our teachers all put their assignments in different places :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

Yeahhh
And it doesn’t give you a notification if you’re late :sob:

2 Likes

We actually don’t get notifications at all :joy: We have to look at the schedule and at assignments. :woman_facepalming:t2: Notifications sounds good, I want that…

2 Likes

Hehe
I rarely go to look at the scedule XD
Sameeee

2 Likes

We use Zoom for video chats, Edsby for submitting assignments, and Remind for general reminders

They’re meh. I like the fact that I can submit a blank file and pretend that it was corrupted to get an extension though, lol

I can’t think of another one, so no

School’s always a waste of time if you’re not learning anything important. Sorry Mr. Welch, but I don’t think I’ll be using logarithms as a director

2 Likes

Was using zoom, but there’s news saying that someone hacked it, so we changed into Google Meet.

No.

I don’t even care anymore. I hate online lessons.

Teeny tiny bit.

2 Likes

We just use Zoom to have class meeting and I really don’t like it but that’s probably because I don’t like talking :woman_shrugging: And I can’t really listen to what my professors say because I don’t like the program so I don’t really learn something. I wish they’d just give us the stuff we should learn written down somewhere and correct our homework but they always forget to do that :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Aw… All the students are on mute and has the video cam off so we’re only listening to the lecturer. We only unmute ourselves to ask a question or if we’re in breakout rooms.

3 Likes

We have to stay unmuted :upside_down_face: But no student has the video cam on, not even those who give a presentation :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

HAHA no… we neither. Some had a picture of themselves though… but not the cam XD

3 Likes

Oh god same
My english teacher formatted the assignments weirdly. The title is always in the way of what we’re meant to be doing -.-

Im very tempted to tell her to sort out her slides :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

My school isn’t allowed to use Zoom or any video conferencing, so we’re mainly using Google Classroom and other google-affiliated products.

Kinda. It’s convenient, since we’d already been using it and teachers who didn’t have a Google Classroom created one.

Kinda. It’d prefer it if I could see my teacher and talk to them in real time (right now, they can only have one hour of real time office hours where they will be available for us to email them/comment on Google Classroom and get an immediate response)

I’m not really learning anything new.

3 Likes

Why not? :eyes::eyes:

1 Like

I think it’s a privacy issue. It’s not just my school though. It’s the entire board.

2 Likes

Google meeting for school, Webex and Zoom for tuition

2 Likes

Canvas and Adobe Connect

They’re not great, although I don’t know any better alternatives.

yes, i just don’t exactly know how

I learn some things, but I haven’t been learning a lot.

1 Like