What’s a beauty trend you’ve never understood or found offensive?

Oh, here we go! I sincerely apologize if you like these ideas or use them yourself.

1. Those huge lips. Now, I understand that this is a natural trait common among the black community. That’s your culture, be proud. My issue is with white people. Please stop, you look like you’re have an allergic reaction. Also, kissing would be downright awkward.

NOT CUTE.
  2. Fake tans. Now, I find people with pale skin more attractive then tan people, but of course I’m not going to say no to dating you as long as you’re nice to me and the people around me. Just…please don’t look like this…
  3. Fake Eyelashes. Ok, I understand that eyelashes are pretty, but why?! I remember when I was still in high school, a guy was looking at Tinder and asked opinion on a girl. I went over to look, and said something along the lines of “Shes pretty, if only she’d take those tarantula legs off her eyelids.”

I just don’t understand it. You look like you took the bristles off of a paintbrush.
    Alright, @BeautyEssentials, what beauty trends don’t you understand or like?
3 Likes

Cheekbone Botox

2 Likes

Just Botox in general. That’s one of the deadliest poisons on the world.

3 Likes

Shaving your eyebrows just to draw them back on.
Or to use eyebrow stickers either way I just don’t get it

1 Like

Omg same! When they get lip surgery it always looks so damn big and ugly… Like damn

2 Likes

I know! People pay money to make it look like a bee stung them on the lips!

1 Like

Yes! It just creeps me out… Like a lot of them wanna copy the black lips but when they do it… It doesn’t look full life ours instead like a bee stringed them.

They should really sue whoever gave them that surgery and also it’s unhealthy

3 Likes

Why do you even want to look black if you aren’t? Uhhh…no offense…sorry!

1 Like

Oh, look. Just popped up in my suggested topics.

4 Likes

The “N-word pass” also a lot of people love our culture but hates us… Life is so weird/stupid

2 Likes

Also the aesthetic of looking like a poc or something… Honestly I don’t know really… I’ve never tried to change my appearance to be black (because I am already happily black) so I don’t really know the appeal

2 Likes

The 100 layers of nail polish-
just no-

2 Likes

People making their tans/foundation as dark as they can without doing full-on blackface (CoughcoughArianaGrande)

4 Likes

Exactly. When did she do that?

1 Like

Like, all the time recently. Since 2017/2018 is when I noticed.

1 Like

Yep, I see it.

2 Likes

Trying to look albino.

The fox eye trend. I know some people don’t understand this, but I do find it a bit offensive because it’s trying to make an aesthetic out of what asians were made fun of for. many asian countries have double eyelids as a beauty standard because of western/ european influence that made fun of monolids which is why monolids are considered ugly in many of these cultures. to do the fox eye trend by cutely pulling your eyes back makes me feel a bit irritated and frustrated

2 Likes

Oh, god, yes!!!

Omg! Finally someone called our Ariana on her problematic tanning.

Like I liker her music, she is talented but sometimes (just sometimes) I don’t like her personality. especially the transphobia she did in her music video, the way she exploits black culture and is kinda of problematic

1 Like