What’s something you learned to do during quarantine?

@Discussions

9 Likes

I learned how to make risotto and how to knit! I also started learning Japanese.

7 Likes

I started learning German and Portuguese, I retook my French, I learnt to practice yoga and I learnt how to cook (without burning things :wink:). Oh and I learnt some cool things about computers that I didn’t know before. I tried to paint but I failed at all my attempts :joy:
Also I learnt to not take anything for granted ever again.

3 Likes

I learned how to play more songs on bass

3 Likes

How to survive with my family around for a long time :eyes:

How to make tea :eyes::sparkles:

3 Likes

I learned to cook and bake

4 Likes

How to cook better and not lose my mind around my family

4 Likes

Mood

3 Likes

Not much, I guess. I’ve been just trying to relax before my second year so I didn’t do much. I did want to learn how to do the splits again but I quickly gave up, don’t know why, I’m mad at myself because of that ahahah
I think number one thing I’ve learned was how to make pancakes. I’ve been doing that almost every week. And I’ve also learned how to use oil paints and now I adore painting more than ever!

3 Likes

Online learning sucks.

2 Likes

How to build a computer

3 Likes
  • How to do my own nails.
    I used to get my nails done once a month, and although it wasn’t too expensive, it was very time consuming, and far from my house. The nail salons near my house are either too expensive, or the nails don’t stay on long enough for it to be worth the money.
    I stopped going when quarantine started, and finally, in July, I bought a polygel kit so I could make my own nail extensions. At first, I wasn’t that good at it, but I’ve gotten much better, and my nails look great and professional right now.

• How to make coffee shakes
    Sit-down coffee shops (like Starbucks and the like) were closed until July. I love coffee shakes, frappuccinos, etc, but they never came out right when I made them myself. So I watched a video on YouTube, and discovered that one of the secrets to making a good coffee shake is an ingredient called xantham gum. Whenever I can’t go to a coffee shop, I make them at home.

• Watercolor flowers
    I took a Zoom class in May.

4 Likes

Learnt how to cook properly! :joy:

3 Likes

How toxic some people in my fam are and how my friends don’t rlly talk to me.

And how toxic a lot of my relationships were, how I was manipulated.

And started to learn how to let go.

2 Likes

YES! This! I am really re-thinking my friends(and I am thinking of cutting a few irl ones off) because I’d say ‘Hey’ then they’d reply Hey then I’d reply asking how they were, and all that. And they didn’t respond.

• I learned a bit about my bestfriend @rozie, (I love you to pieces, reply to my PM please :heart:)
  • I married my forum wife(I love you @Eliza)
  • I have been doing A LOT of mug cake recipes
  • I have coded an okay amount
  • I have been writing more of my book ‘Burn Girl’! I also learned how to write(not great but whatever) diary entries in a novel.
4 Likes

I learned how to use Microsoft teams and to use the forums :grin:

2 Likes

Procrastinate!
@idiot.exe, am I right??

3 Likes

How to graduate high school without actually getting to see your friends/teachers as it happens :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

You mean, @Elizab2628, am I right? Do you not remember our whole convo about my wife I mean ex wife (sorry @Danielle318), procrastination?

3 Likes

I learned how to bake cookies, fry donuts and make pizza. I learnt how to play some songs on the piano. I learnt how to use my voice to sing. I learnt how to draw. And I learnt who my real friends actually are