What’s the single best thing you did for your mental health?

For me, that would be cutting off my toxic ex. You probably know who I’m talking about, but pm me if you want to hear the story. It’s pretty damn wild. What was the best thing you did for your mental health? @Discussions

1 Like

Recently? Uh… bought multi-vitamins. I found that they really perked me up.

1 Like

Ah, that’s good. It doesn’t have to be recent, though. I cut off my ex about a year ago.

1 Like

Yeah, that was just the only thing I could think of at the moment. HAHA

1 Like

Lol.

1 Like

Quitting my job. I leave on July 15th. The place started to cripple my mental health, the customers (that one event with the kid actually traumatized me a lot), the high expectations (with very little training), that one leader/manager who dislikes/disliked me for basically no reason… yeah. I’ve had panic attacks before. I was starting to lose my mind and had no time to myself. Now that I’m quitting, I feel so… liberated. I will miss my coworkers and my boss though. Awesome people. Not the customers. Not that leader. Not the environment, definitely not the pay.

This is just a current thing honestly, and the only one that came to mind lol

2 Likes

Good for you!

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

Can I still hear that toxic ex story Ouija?

2 Likes

Of course. Later, though. I’m on my phone.

1 Like

Sure, PM me when you can!

1 Like

Recently:
Cut off a very toxic friend. She didn’t really accept and appreciate me for who I am, constantly judging me for everything and just being very negative about everything I do. It wasn’t great for my mental health, so it was definitely something good…

Less recently:
Basically all travelling I’ve done alone, I’m just so much happier when I’m not in something that is routine. I’m that person that constantly needs to experience new things to truly be happy…

1 Like

When I initially dropped out of uni honestly
That was a rough time

3 Likes

SAME. I’m doing classes online.

I just wasn’t on a good course for me :joy: but I am now!

1 Like

This reminds me, don’t know why I decided to go back to uni and do a master’s degree starting in September. It wasn’t great for my mental health, studying, sooooo…

1 Like

That does sound rather counter intuitive

1 Like

I’m getting more and more hesitant about it honestly, but idk how I could ever tell my parents I don’t want to go back to uni…

1 Like

As someone who’s been there you just need to be honest, unless you fear for your safety financially or otherwise.

I was terrified to tell my parents I was gonna withdraw from that course because my Dad was so adamant I should do it and yeah he was really rude about it for a while and nobody really defended me but he leaves me alone about it now.

I think going to Scotland without telling him was more of a distraction

1 Like

I don’t think it would be that bad, but honestly, it’s mainly that I want to do something completely different from what my bachelor was. I know this isn’t gonna make me happy, especially not long term…

I’m sorry to hear you had such a bad experience with how your dad reacted, but it’s good it sounds like he’s sort of over it now…

And, lol, fair enough