What’s Your Opinion on Tea/Drama Channels?

If you’re familiar with the popular social media platforms Twitter and YouTube you are most likely familiar with tea channels that cover the latest drama on YouTube, celebrities, and social media. Popular channels include Spill Sesh, Spill, Dramaalert, The Viewers Choice, and Tea Spill.

These drama channels usually cover the beauty, mukbang (Korean eating show) and recently TikTok community.

Many people are in love with these channels, but I beg to differ. Yes I am subscribed to a few of these channels but I believe that drama channels just give attention to cancelled/boycotted youtubers. Drama channels are also bad for the person behind the channel. Spill Sesh usually isn’t very angry but is definitely passionate in her opinion. However, in recent videos she has shown an angry more feeling. It’s okay to feel anger towards another individual, but this anger will keep building and hurt your mental health.

What do you think about these channels? Is the drama petty, or intriguing? Do you feel bad for certain YouTubers? Should drama channels stop or continue?

Inspired by @cynthia ‘s What Your Opinion on Cancel Culture? thread

3 Likes

I think that if they are just showing what’s going on with both sides and not like hating on the youtubers and stuff then I think that’s fine… But I HATED the Hanna situation where the drama channels were just putting the picture of the dead girl on the cover- which is exactly what they were hating on her for and actually offended the family…

1 Like

Some channels show their opinions however which I don’t like. This is why I prefer Spill over all the others, they state just the facts and different view points, they don’t give their opinions. But I’d have to agree with you!

3 Likes

Like I don’t like when drama channels cause more harm and try to hate on youtubers and stuff so I prefer facts and stuff like that.

1 Like

I like when they report on the situation and actually serve some facts without being biased, because every story has 2 sides to it.

5 Likes

The sad part about the drama is that no matter what we’ll never know the truth. So it’s all your opinion

Unless there is video evidence

1 Like

I think when everyone is screaming “CANCELED” about a person it can be helpful to have someone mediate that with the facts of the matter. However, it depends on the person themselves, I think a person like Keemstar for instance is trash and does more harm than good, when someone’s intent is to leverage drama for clout I don’t know that there can be a benefit to any given situation in that person talking about it.

3 Likes

I totally agree! He is a snake and hypocrite himself, but he sure knows how to entertain a crowd that’s for sure

1 Like

Like this is what I don’t like:

So what happened was Gabbie was making a video about tiktoc E-Girls and accidentally scrolled to a page with a girl that was murdered on it. The girl was an e girl.
So everyone is like mad at her for doing that YET THEY PUT THE GIRL IN THE THUMBNAIL AND FEATURE HER PIC IN THE VIDEO!
2 Likes

Oh yeah, I think he’s a terrible person at least in the representation we get of him online but I can still enjoy the circus, I just don’t co sign everything he says. There are situations like Onion Man or Romeo Lacost that I think even got some of their hard core fans to take a second look and start thinking more critically but I still take severe issue with his interview style when it comes to these serious situations. Like, these are predators, not James v Tati over some hair vitamins, this needs to be taken seriously.

3 Likes

i cal him Romeo lactose intolerant

1 Like

I used to like drama channels but some of them are so biased and even misinterpret events. Rich Lux, The Viewer’s Voice, Petty Paige, Sebastian Williams etc. are who I’m referring to. The Juvia’s Place situation, Tati’s Vitamin Scandal and how they talk about Jackie Aina in general revealed to me that some drama channels are about “the truth” only until a certain influencer whispers in their ear e.g. J#free St#r because these channels defend him with their lives

4 Likes

What’s your thoughts on Jeffrees breakup?

Nothing :sweat_smile: I’m not jumping for joy but I’m not feeling sorry for him either :woman_shrugging:t5:

3 Likes

Loll sometimes they’re just shii stirrers. They’re like the instigators of a fight.

3 Likes

Added youtube tag! (Since Tea/drama channels are on youtube lol)

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Idk i kinda have mixed opinions on them. On one hand:
•You get to know if your idol has done something wrong.

•If you like influences then you get to know what’s going on.

On the other hand:

•It’s like chinese whispers as the person behind these channels are probably just going off what they heard and then spreading it to more people when it might not be true.

•Some channels may say at the end “don’t hate on …” But people will still hate on them that’s just what insecure people do. Hate on others because they hate themselves and it makes them feel better. But everyone has feelings even celebrity’s. Take Charli Damelio for example- Shes 15!!! That is so young and she is very famous. Doesn’t matter how famous they are hate comments still get to them.

2 Likes

Closed due to inactivity.