What skincare products most likely damage your skin?

Despite ‘care’ being in the name, I’m sure we’ve all had the nagging suspicion at times that certain products re not quite as good as they sound.
Things like lip balm are common culprits. Many of the popular products (like carmex) contain menthol, which gives you that nice cooling feeling, but also dries your lips out further than they already were after the initial softness. This is a marketing strategy if nothing else. The balm feels nice and makes your lips feel good for 10-30 minutes. Then they feel dry again, so people reapply the carmex in an attempt to fix it, restarting the cycle. By doing this, the companies secure customers for life, basically.

@Discussions - Do you guys know any other products like this?

1 Like

I don’t know any specific ones, but I heard that everything with alcohol can be damaging and that for example oil is better than lotion, but I’m not sure if it’s true.

1 Like

most of the time lotions are made from oils so :rofl:

1 Like

I haven’t had any bad experiences with skincare products, but I’ve heard that some exfoliants are bad for people who have sensitive skin.

@BeautyEssentials Do you know of any?

1 Like

Certain moisturisers can make my skin red and itchy.

I don’t know… I don’t think any product ever damaged my skin

This article here contains harmful ingredients often found in skincare products.

@Health and @BeautyEssentials give it a read and let us know if any of the products you use contain these.

1 Like

Damn. That’s a lot.

Closed due to inactivity