What Songs Do You Listen To When You're Sad?

If I’m sad I’m not gonna listen to ‘sad’ music since it just makes me more emotional, instead I like to more upbeat songs that make me feel happy.

What kind of music do you guys listen to when you are sad?

6 Likes

Nirvana :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

This song is not only about beauty. From my view, it’s also about finding your self-worth and loving yourself the way you are. Very good to listen to while you are down 'cause it really does uplift you from your sad place. :two_hearts:

2 Likes

Any song by Avicii tbh.
They’re really upbeat and have a powerful message =D

1 Like

Disney movie songs :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

It depends on the kind of sadness. If I’m really sad because something just happened then I listen to sad music. After some time I start to listen to some upbeat songs.
And once I feel ready to get over the sadness, I listen to those empowering songs :smile:

2 Likes

This song makes me tear up…

2 Likes

No song, lol

1 Like

If I’m sad about something that happened, I usually listen to a sad song. I don’t know why, but for some reason I feel that if I listen to a happy song when I’m sad, it’ll ruin the song for me and always remind me of that sad moment. So I prefer listening to a song that’s already a sad one.

1 Like

I listen to angry songs

1 Like

Probably this
This song is in Swedish but it call
who can sail without the wind

1 Like

When I’m sad, I like to listen singularity by V or That’s okay by D. O. or Lights out by EXO

I’m one of those people that listen to sad songs while sad. Especially if it’s a rainy mood edit, it hits differently. :joy:

2 Likes

It’s sad but: a drop in the ocean.

2 Likes

Yess, that’s a really good song!

1 Like

Here a another sad song from the sound of music edelweiss

Edelweiss, edelweiss
Every morning you greet me

Small and white
Clean and bright
You look happy to meet me

Blossom of snow
May you bloom and grow
Bloom and grow forever

Edelweiss, edelweiss
Bless my home-land forever

Small and white
Clean and bright
You look happy to meet me

Blossom of snow
May you bloom and grow
Bloom and grow forever

Edelweiss, edelweiss
Bless my home-land forever

Thing is, if I listen to a happy song when I’m sad then I’ll just associate that moment with that song 🤷 then boom it gets added to my “ruined music” however if I listen to something pretty neutral with perhaps some aggression or a moody tone it makes me feel better 'cause I can get my mood back to normal.

Then I listen to a more upbeat song like “F*ck a Silver lining” by P!ATD

1 Like

Exactly my situation! If I listen to a song that always made me happy during a sad moment, then that song will start reminding me of that situation, and it’ll be too painful to listen to, then.

When this whole quarantine/spring break/conflict with my cousin mess started, I had been listening to a lot of Post Malone’s music, but then I got so depressed over the whole situation that I couldn’t listen to him or watch his videos without it reminding me of this horrible chain of events. This week, I finally started listening to his music gradually, and I feel “better now” (no pun intended) about it. But I still won’t be able to listen to Circles until the situation with my cousin is fixed.

1 Like

Also a happy song wouldn’t do anything for me because that isn’t how I feel :person_shrugging: I listen to something I can relate to, then I get over it. No point in listening to something happy clappy if I wanna cry :joy:

Yeah! There are songs I wanna keep for when I am feeling happy and in the mood for it or else I won’t wanna listen to it again. It happened with the song “Golden Days” by P!ATD cause I listened to it when I was upset about school.