What sort of food can you get at your high school?

We could get a lot. From hot food, salad bar…desserts…honestly, the food was a million times better than the food at my college. Ech.

3 Likes

Packaged food lol

I just bring my own lunch

1 Like

I remember they used to have pasta pots and curry pots. Fish and chips, pizza and chips, chicken burgers, jacket potatos and toast.

I ate none of that, I had a packed lunch.

1 Like

Nothing. We don’t have cafeterias here

2 Likes

Really? Huh.

1 Like

Over priced food.

Hashbrowns are good tho

1 Like

This too

My high school actually had a lot of stuff you could get in the cafeteria but from what I saw, the most popular items were the cookies and muffins as well as the chicken nuggets and french fries/poutine

That’s what most people bought there

1 Like

I NEED IT.

To be honest, it wasn’t very good poutine :sweat_smile:

It was still nice every once in awhile tho

1 Like

Fair, lol.

Update: I’ve had poutine. It’s amazing.

My high school had like sort of sandwiches, soup, a lot of unhealthy snacks like candy and chocolate, and a bunch of things that are quite dutch I think:

• A sort of savoury rolls with things like cheese, sausage or “frikandel” (better to not ask what that is). Back then I was quite addicted to the cheese variant. They look something like this:

• A baguette that’s already sliced with tons of butter with herbs on it, had this quite a lot as well.

• Broodje unox, it’s basically bread with a smoked sausage. Kind of like a German Bratwurst, but different. Especially the sauce on top is :ok_hand:

Tweaked tags

We could get pretty much bakery/cafe style food.

Um we get whole wheat, low fat stuff. Like pizza, burgers etc. It’s still unhealthy and its pretty gross. I don’t get lunch that often.

My favorite things are the boiled, unseasoned broccoli and the falafel that tastes like grass.

1 Like

Ew. You poor thing.

2 Likes

Currently:

Mostly fried stuff but not too bad.

In high-school: after pandemic, overly priced portions half the size of a can of drink.

U were f*cked if you were on free school meals. U didnt have enough for more food.

I think we had pizza, chicken sandwiches, burgers, and some other choices. I mainly at the pizza and chicken sandwiches. Then we had a little store in the school that would sell candy, chips, drinks and other items. Then the vending machines. Grant it, this was 2009-2012 time frame.