What Themes Associate With Your Character?

Now I know we all different themes when making a character. Rather that be, don’t judge a book by its cover, evil is born within the good, or good ol’ fashion revenge. There’s almost always something special about your character.

With that being said here are a few questions:

1. What themes do you usually do when building a character?
  2. What/how does the theme change later on?
  3. Your favorite theme when making a character?

And maybe you could add some themes that don’t get enough love. This way we can give rpers a base for their characters.
theme Memes & GIFs - Imgflip

4 Likes

Added some tags!

3 Likes
  1. usually i focus on fairytale themes. I’m always making new characters for Fairytaled so i focus on the theme of the parent’s fairytale when writing!
  2. i feel like the theme changes slightly when i think of new or more creative ideas.
  3. idkkk
2 Likes

Ooh interesting. Yeah that can be a lot easier when you already have a theme you wanna use. What about when you don’t want your oc to be like the parents?

2 Likes

Thank you!! Hmm, I feel like I think about what could’ve made them different from their parents, such as the other parent, or just other traits they might have. I try to make any powers or curses similar to the parents though, or certain likes/dislikes :eyes::eyes:

2 Likes
  1. Depends on the rp, Idk if a song could be considered a ‘theme’ but usually after listing to a song I suddenly find myself making a character out of that theme in the song.
  2. No, usually it’s my fundament for my character.
  3. I like internal ‘conflicts’ of all kinds.

What about you all @RPers?

2 Likes

:thinking:

I kinda lean towards the “tragic or sad story” especially for FTD-

For my characters in BR, I don’t know what the collective term is, but “closet full of skeletons”? iddkdkdk I mean all of the characters there have secrets so :sob:

1 Like

Most of my characters fit the theme ‘self discovering’ I always give them something that they need to learn during the time they spend in the rp.

1 Like

I don’t know about one overall theme 'cause they all so different.

1 Like

Theme Cali :wink: = all over the place :rofl:
(jk)

1 Like

That’d do. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

1 Like

Other themes I often go to with my characters are:
Non-existing magical creatures (when possible)
protective/caring roles with almost all of them. (think about mother figures, siblings, healers, etc).

With the caring roles, I think it’s just my own instinct kicking in to help others haha.

1 Like

Mood