What was the first artwork that you remember making?

The first piece of art I remember making is a painting back when I was 8-10 years old I think. It was a painting of two fairies in a field of grass. I made them similar to Peter Pan and Tinkerbell’s clothing when I painted it. I have no idea where the painting went. Overall, considering my age at the time the painting came out pretty well. My grandmother had gotten me and my sister into painting since we were children which is why I like paint by number crafts so much. If I ever find the painting again I will take a picture of it. I think I added flowers to the grass as well. I can remember making that painting since it had a story behind it at the time. Sadly, I can’t remember the story though.

@Discussions Can an artist please tag the artist tag for me?

3 Likes

I remember painting some flowers when I was in kindergarten. I remember a couple little art projects around that time too, like using construction paper to “disguise” a turkey made of construction paper for thanksgiving. So I was only 5 at that point.

3 Likes

Yeah, I think I remember doing something like that too in school. We made headbands with construction paper.

3 Likes

I vaguely remember doing painting in kindergarten - no idea what of. I had to paint a little wall plaque for mother’s day in primary school too. I also remember making a clay dragon in 7th grade. (Now I’m the one who makes kids do art activities in kindergarten, hehe.)

In terms of actually wanting to draw outside of school stuff, I started drawing after I discovered manga when I was in 8th(?) grade. I still have all my old sketch books and they’re atrocious :joy:

4 Likes

Nice! Trust me, I know how you feel. I’m like that when it comes to parts I’ve written for my book.

2 Likes

I remember in preschool painting a “monster high doll” and it was basically pink and green lines on a blank price of paper and in a sharpie written in the corner said “monster high doll” that my teacher wrote

And for mothers day painting on a mug

Idk what came first tho

2 Likes

I used to draw a character I made called Milly Starr and gave her a crew. That was at the age of 5.

3 Likes

And really weird pre-k drawings

3 Likes

Emily!! You’re back! :grin:

1 Like

@Artists :wink:

I remember trying to follow along with an art tutorial, but it was absolutely terrible. I have plenty of art from when I was little, but I don’t remember making it.

5 Likes

Thank you!

I know how you feel!

A huge paper on the floor and smol me making a mess with rad crayons :sunglasses:

I don’t remember, I’ve been drawing since I was little.

1 Like

try drawing on top of a picture of a celebrity or a women or man
if tutorials dont work, you would need to outline on top of a picture to get the drawing part of features

If we’re talking of artwork, it was a chalk drawing on a black background. It was barely visible, just an outline XD

I WROTE A POP-UP BOOK THAT WAS A COMPLETE RIP-OFF OF THE ANIMATED DISNEY SLEEPING BEAUTY MOVIE-

Sorry dozens of traumatic memories just came flooding into my head-

1 Like

Nice! I loved pop-up books when I little! I made one a while back when I was in school about a princess being held in a tower by a Dragon. So, a ripoff of Shrek, Rapunzel, and Sleeping Beauty as well. I have no idea where that book went. All I remember is making it and everyone loving it. I remember the images a little bit.

1 Like

A really bad tape art thing in kindergarten :joy:

1 Like

Lol nice!

1 Like