What was the first book you've read?

For me, the first book I’ve read was a fairy tale book that my Mum used to read before putting me to bed. I was really happy to finally be able to read it by myself because that book at many different stories and my Mum never wanted to read the same one again several times even if I begged her to :smile:

So what was the first book you’ve read?

4 Likes

The first book(s) that popped into my head when I saw that was the Enid Blyton books. They definitely weren’t the VERY first books I read, but definitely the first proper (non-picture book, actual writing) book I read by choice (not by force by primary school teachers). I really loved the Mallory Towers and the Faraway Tree series! I saw a book set of Mallory Towers the other day… I was way to tempted to buy them and read them all again haha!

Actually, after writing that now I remember I definitely read Jacqueline Wilson’s books before them. They were the best things in the world to me.

1 Like

One of these books right here:

2 Likes

Some Charlie Brown and the Peanuts stories… I actually have memories of the images in them from when I was 2 years old (or younger). Since my parents read them to me, I knew what each page was supposed to say.

1 Like

Green eggs and ham I think! :sweat_smile:

Yeah, I’m the forum fetus

3 Likes

The first non picture book I remember reading is an Enid Blyton book when I was six/seven

2 Likes

oh i don’t remember! probably some kids picture book. i know i was obsessed with “milica” book series when i was a child. milica is an old serbian name and that was the girl protagonist in the series:)

2 Likes

Green Eggs and Ham

2 Likes

I don’t know… but I started reading on my own when I was about 3, so I don’t remember whatsoever.

2 Likes

Green Eggs and Ham

I honestly don’t remember. I loved reading so much.

1 Like

i thiiiiink it was the caterpillar one

1 Like

or maybe it was abt a different insect w more animated illustrationnnnn

1 Like

I’m fighting the urge to say “The Bible” but I’ve never read most of it. :no_mouth:

1 Like

Little Miss Bossy :joy:

2 Likes

How do you guys remember this stuff :joy::joy:

I hardly remember what I had for breakfast and I’m expected to remember the first book I read? Lmaooo is that was a person with a good memory is like, I could never-

Anyway if it wasn’t obvious I’ve got no idea. Maybe a Little Miss book or Hungry Catepillar or something (I’m just guessing tho I don’t actually know)

2 Likes

Closed due to inactivity :white_heart: