What was the first k-pop song you listened to?

The first K-pop song I listened to was Gangnam Style by PSY when I was 6 or 7. I really liked the song and would dance to it all the time but then it was overplayed and got annoying and when I found out the meaning of the lyrics I was quite disturbed

@Kpoppers
What was the first k-pop song you listened to? Did you enjoy it?

4 Likes

Gangnam Style :eyes:

2 Likes

Gangnam style for me too :eyes:
But I got into kpop when my friend told me about Blackpink, so I’d say either AIIYL or Boombayah was my not so first song

2 Likes

Gangnam Style for me too :eyes:

But when I started actually listening to them, it was Abracadabra by Brown Eyed Girls. :joy:

2 Likes

Gangnam Style.

1 Like

Gangam style but I didn’t know it was kpop

Probably the first kpop song I knew was kppp was BTS’s Idol and Blackpink’s Boombayah

2 Likes

Is that Kpop tho

2 Likes

Ummm yes

1 Like

So probably that either way but I wasn’t aware of it it was just popular

First one I can remember being aware of like kpop is kill this love by blackpink :eyes:

2 Likes

Also added #music tag and moved up #general-chat:music :nerd_face:

1 Like

Thanks

1 Like

Blood sweat and tears :clown_face:

1 Like

Same :eyes:

1 Like

Mic Drop by BTS! oh man, I loved it. I was in my freshman year of high school when I first heard a kpop song

@Kpoppers what about you guys?

I think it was “Nobody” by Wonder Girls.

1 Like

Psy: Gangnam style :joy: but never knew it was kpop and people here used to sing along with it cuz it was very upbeat

My first Kpop song was Gangnam Style by PSY. Although, when I first heard it, I didn’t know it was sung in Korean :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I guess Gangnam style like everyone else :joy:
butttt
besides that
Blood Sweat & Tears by BTS :drooling_face:

2 Likes

Same

“Hot Summer” by f(x) (I miss them so much)

my dad had the music video on his tablet and I’d always watch it. I loved Amber and found Luna so pretty