So, what will you guys be eating around this Christmas days?
Me and my parents will be cooking for the whole family (9 people). It will kinda be a buffet style, with multiple starters, multiple mains and 2 dessert options.
Some of the dishes for tomorrow:
Caprese salad in a fancy way
Something with creme brulee ice cream
But there’s much more, I didn’t want to make a too long list
Okay I’m coming to your house
Alrighty y’all had better be ready for this
Patê and melbar toast (I have butter though)
Beef and chips for me but vegetables for the family
My Mum bought me some gammon but Idk if I’ll have it today or tomorrow
Ice cream, chocolate cake, whipped cream
I’ve always been grateful that my Mum doesn’t force me to eat vegetables
It honestly depends on where we’re going for Christmas dinner. We’re waiting for our relatives to let us know if we’re going with them or not, because it depends on some of their relatives from the other side of the family.
But a typical Christmas dinner here consists of:
-Bacalao a la vizcaina
Last night I made a ton of French food! Today too, actually. I was helping out my mother-in-law because it’s her first Christmas without her mom who passed recently. We didn’t have foie gras (not that I’d eat it anyway) because that was her specialty dish but it’s very typical of French cuisine.
Typical French Christmas Eve feast:
- Toasts with different tapenade spreads
- Oysters with lemon
- Potato gratin - potatoes sliced thinly cooked in cream (gratin dauphinois)
- Roasted carrots with butter and maple syrup (maple is more American/Canadian but it was a nice touch)
- Sautéed mushrooms with shallots in a cream sauce (champignons à la forestière)
- Roasted leg of lamb
- Many cheeses
- Simple salad with shallot
- Ice cream cake in the shape of a log (bûche de Noël)
- Christmas cookies with lemon icing
Plus plenty of champagne and red wine
Then today we had:
- Roasted chicken
- Roasted small potatoes with rosemary
- Mushroom torte
- Arugula salad with fig, pears, walnuts and goat cheese
- More cheese
- More cookies
- More cakes
I love cooking but now I’m exhausted and full
I’m making cinnamon rolls today!
I was so full yesterday but I had to keep eating lmao it was so good
What did y’all eat? Did you like it?
I ate cereal because I don’t celebrate Christmas ack.