What's the difference between astrology and astronomy?

I think that the main difference between the two is how they work and what they’re trying to predict :thinking: I don’t actually know enough about astrology to say precisely what the goal of it is, though

@Discussions ~ what do you think the difference is?

8 Likes

Star signs vs actual stars

2 Likes

Astrology is more about spirituality and myth

Astronomy is more of a science and studies the physical aspects of space

3 Likes

I know you did not-

2 Likes

From someone who studies astrology- Astrology is the correlation of outer space with earthly events and astronomy is just outer space

3 Likes

what kind of earthly events?

3 Likes

Like the evolution of man kind and stuff, like december 21 we’re going into an era of technology development for the next 200yrs bcos of Jupiter + Saturn in Aquarius. before, since those planets earth signs we had the industrial revolution etc

3 Likes

You did not just say that :angry:

3 Likes

I’m sorry, I don’t know a lot about astrology :pleading_face::sweat_smile:

4 Likes

It’s ok.

2 Likes

Astrology inclines more towards spirituality (somewhat abstract) while astronomy inclines more towards science (somewhat concrete).
You may have heard of the saying, “Spirituality and Science are two sides of a coin.” Both astronomy and astrology try to find answers in different ways.

Astronomy is related to studying the celestial objects and related phenomena such as black holes, planets, stars, galaxies etc whereas astrology is related to studying how those celestial objects affect the people and our “known” world.

2 Likes

Astrology = fake science with zodiac signs
Astronomy = real science studying starts :eyes::sparkles:

1 Like

I did not just hear that :rage: :hocho:

1 Like

@AstrologyStudents do you have anything to add?

2 Likes

Astrology: le zodiacs and signs
Astronomy: space and star stuff

Love this

1 Like

Astrology also isn’t just zodiac signs

So the difference as I see it, it’s rather simple

Astrology = Fake
Astronomy = Fact

1 Like

Angry White Woman GIF

1 Like

I still stand by what I said :joy: I see how horoscopes and stuff can be fun but I really think they should only be fun and not considered as fact.

1 Like