What's the easiest and hardest instrument to learn?

What’s the easiest and hardest instrument to learn, in your opinion? :thinking::rose::two_hearts:

And why do you think it is the easiest / hardest? :thinking::rose::two_hearts:

6 Likes

I think trumpet is one of the easiest to learn. Piano might be one of the hardest. Just because it seems really easy at the beginning, but when you start getting onto more complex songs you’d have to remember all the keys/notes. Then you’d also have to have good hand eye coordination to hit the keys when your hands are moving five million miles an hour-
Anyone that’s wondering, I dont play the piano. I play the trumpet.

5 Likes

Uhm, out of the 3 instruments I played, violin, piano and guitar, guitar is somewhere in the middle, it’s not easy but it’s doable. As Skyler said the tricky thing about piano is that it seems easy and obvious, but when you make progress it becomes a real challenge and just a lot of moments and things to take into consideration. On the opposite hand, the violin is hard to really get the hang off but when you do it becomes easier. So it depends on the context and what you consider easy and hard. In my opinion, the harp is the most complicated instrument to learn and master, it combines the complexity of a piano with all the notes and the hardest part of a violin basically :thinking:

5 Likes

I’ve learned a couple instruments, guitar, piano, flute… I think for me learning flute was the easiest, but to some people it can be hard just because the breath control has to be stable (theres my 10 years of swimming right there). Like Skyler said as well, piano is easy at first when its only one finger chords but then once you start getting into the harder songs and the two and three finger chords it can start becoming more difficult. Guitar was sort of hard for me as well because it hurt my fingers a lot, and it was difficult for me to memorize each chord… I’m trying to get back into playing the guitar though

5 Likes

I say piano is easy if you watch Little Einsteins And some note are tricky.
but the hardest I’m learning is Irish whistle.

2 Likes

I think Harmonium is the easiest one. I have played it, you just have to remember 7 main keys, other keys will be more easy. Besides if you remember the sound each key makes, playing harmonium is a piece of cake.

I think the hardest one is… Violin? I dunno :joy:

2 Likes

Ig it’s woodwind instruments… Or piano? Or may be string instruments like violin or guitar…
Idk I can’t play any except random utensils…

2 Likes

I had played both violin and piano. :laughing:

If you ask me, the hardest to start is violin, or any string instruments, but violin is easier to learn and master.
Piano is really easy to start, but it is the toughest to master.

Closed due to inactivity