What's the most difficult thing about English for you?

Whether it’s with spelling or grammar, English can be really difficult at times, for native and non-native speakers alike. What’s the most difficult thing about English for you?

that thing, I don’t even have it on my keyboard.

BTW, if you wonder how I write it, I dont my auto-correct adds it. but only sometimes. my autocorrect kinda suck because it often dont correct very obvioys miss spelled words

1 Like

i’d say how many exceptions there are
it’s a very messy language that doesn’t stick by its own rules a lot of times
also how changing it is due to being so used in online spaces worldwide

also, the capitalized I, because we dont capitalize it in Danish, funny enough the Danish i mean they,

and the difference between British and American, like color colour, I been told I spell colour wrong so many times, its not wrong its Brithis.

2 Likes

FELT
one of my english teachers didn’t accept some of my answers in his tests bc i used the british spelling? even though my answers were right (and ever since then i use british spellings out of spite)

also having to capitalise the i is very silly imo

2 Likes

That’s absurd-
Why does it even matter?

no idea

1 Like

There’s American English and there’s British English and I happen to type in both of the Englishes so frequently, it confuses me. :blush:
@AS007 what do you think son? :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

waht

WAHT

WAHT-

:grinning:

1 Like

:BLOSH:

English is difficult ok but yet so interesting I love it! :blush:

1 Like

Welp, I never understood how to classify words into tenses (like those things you learnt in younger classes such as Past perfect, Past participle, future continuous etc) :thinking:

1 Like

lmaooo :joy:

yes yes its interesting sm :ok_hand:

1 Like

Omgg :sneezing_face: I totally get you
past p[efectt, present particple past, future uncontinuous present :rofl::wave:t5:
bye

1 Like

Like how do you even continue into the future when you don’t even know what’s gonna happen tomorrow- :thinking:

1 Like

Haha ask these guys Angloson, Saxtopher, and Jutian. since they invented english :sneezing_face:

1 Like

wow such englishism sm

1 Like

though
although
through
throw
throughout
thought

also how read and read are pronounced differently, but red and read are pronounced the same but also red and read sound different and the same thing with lead, lead and led.

I’m a native English speaker but I apologise on behalf of English for everyone else

2 Likes

Thank you :disappointed:

1 Like

stap :sob::raised_hand:

I like to pretend I have mastered English but I pretty sure I get confused about how to construct some sentences-

also if accents included, I have existential crisis whem it comes to verbally speaking the language BECAUSE I get easily influenced with the many accents and my lips are just confused rn

I would like to introduce the confused accent :blush:

1 Like

Closed due to inactivity