What's the weirdest thing you have done to avoid social interaction?

Here are a list of mine:

• Saw somebody I knew, ran away
  • Skipped a class just to avoid seeing someone
  • Hid under a table
  • Ran in and out of a room at lightening speed just to avoid being seen

What about you guys?

5 Likes

I did everything that was mentioned!
But I also asked my friend to distract that person, made a weird face and ran away, pretended to be asleep or studying, or just giving them the plain olā€™ cold shoulder!

2 Likes

Really my main strategy is just hiding places generally

Like apparently in theater I was just hanging out under the makeup table knitting during a show to avoid people

1 Like

Iā€™m practically an expert at this :star_struck:

• Sit far away from everyone
  • Pretend to be on my phone
  • Just sit there in silence and donā€™t answer anything, if they see me I just turn my head away :star_struck:
1 Like

Oh god :joy:

1 Like

Hid my profile on the forums and pretended to be on a break without internet :eyes::eyes:

3 Likes

Omg yes

2 Likes

Well I donā€™t leave the house without earbuds stuck in my ears even if Iā€™m not listening to music so I have that ā€œah didnā€™t hear youā€ excusešŸ‘€

If I see someone I know in the street I just look in a specific direction until I pass them, or I just change directions if I know theyā€™ll approach mešŸ‘€

I use the fact that my mum is scared of corona as an excuse to avoid literally every social gathering and stuffšŸ‘€

Thereā€™s more but idk

1 Like
  • acted like I never noticed the person in hopes theyā€™d act like they never saw me too
  • turned my back towards them so they wouldnā€™t ntoice me
  • ran away
  • used excuses to not hang out with people solely cuz Iā€™m too lazy to leave the house and talk to people
1 Like

If Iā€™m in the shopping centre and I see someone from school, then I quickly look at my phone and pretend to be interested in it. Most of the time, I donā€™t even have time to type my password in and unlock my phone, so Iā€™m just staring at the lock screen. I pretend to not see that person until they pass by hehe.

This one time (it was a while back), I followed my friend around the whole day (at school) like a lost puppy so this guy wouldnā€™t be able to talk to me aloneā€¦

Hide behind someone
Pretend I have to deal with one of the monsters.
Pretend I did not see them and walk the other way

Oof, I hate social interaction but I donā€™t want to be mean. If Iā€™m really not in the mood for talking I can even pretend not to see the person when they are right next to me. Did that once when I was in a bus, oops. I think I mostly pretend Iā€™m talking on the phone and then I just smile at the person.

I hid behind a vending machine because I was spying on someone.

1 Like

Itā€™s always awkward when I see someone in public that I know but that Iā€™m not close friends with.
If itā€™s in the grocery store, I go into another aisle and pretend to be deeply invested in analyzing certain products. If the person sees me and decides to say hi, I donā€™t mindā€¦ I just donā€™t like being the one to say ā€˜hiā€™ first.
In the mall, I just go into another store.

One time, I was grocery shopping with my mom when I saw a student (from when I taught 2nd grade) that was really rude and disrespectful. So I told my mom that I had a headache and wanted to sit in the car until she was done shopping.

Omg- :joy:
Why were you spying tho?

1 Like

I think I was watching this guy I had a crush on. I wasnā€™t actually behind it, as in between the machine and the wall.

1 Like

:flushed:
Wait, you were stalking him?!

1 Like

Not the first time Iā€™ve done it.

1 Like

It was a guy I had a crush on.