What's your favorite acquatic animal? Share some facts about them

I’m going to say octopuses. Their color changing ability is magnificent, and it’s created by three different layers of cells! The first layer contains red and brown pigments, the second layer reflects light, but alters the light in the process, and the third layer does standard reflections. By expanding and contracting all of these cells, they can change their color super quickly! Octopuses are also incredibly intelligent compared to a whole bunch of other animals, which automatically makes them awesome. I still haven’t decided if this last fact is disgusting or not, but octopuses can squeeze through holes around the size of their eyeball if I remember correctly, because all of the rest of the parts of their body are small and can be pushed around easily to fit through small openings.

@Discussions
@fraud ~ nature

9 Likes

I don’t knooow… maybe turtles? Or Orcas (dolphins). :pleading_face:

2 Likes

Turtles are awesome! They’re just so cute!

I don’t know any fun facts about them, though. :pleading_face:

2 Likes

Octopi are so rad :sob:

Squid too, they’re so cool. But tbh I think I need to go for one of my favourite animals ever in general: The sea dragon, axolotl :eyes:

4 Likes

However big their beak is, right? They’re so cool :eyes:

2 Likes

They’re so cute! I love them and salamanders :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Seals are semiaquatic mammals so that counts? :eyes:

Seals are part of the pinniped order of marine mammals, which also includes sea lions, walruses and fur seals. Some seals can dive up to 900m in depth and some can hold their breath underwater for up to 2 hours!

5bd505ba28075fbb767f8a725d000519

5 Likes

They can regrow parts of their brains!

1 Like

I really like dolphins, but I might have to go for jellyfishes because of Spongebob and Finding Nemo. They look so majestic and dangerous at the same time.

3 Likes

That’s so cool! I wish I could do that.

1 Like

Same!!

1 Like

Dolphins, Sea turtles, clown fish, penguins.

Added tags! :sparkles:

I like clownfish :grinning:

7765307cb1b0ec24cb3bc3177f96526d

And turtles :pleading_face:

tenor (1)

1 Like

awww so cute :two_hearts:

1 Like

The leafy seadragon. The only cool thing I know about them is that the males carry the eggs under their tails before the babies hatch and they give them oxygen through some special organ or smth.

2 Likes

Woahhh

1 Like

I like it cause it lives up to its name.

It looks so cool, kinda reminds me of a seahorse but majestical

2 Likes

Seahorses are majestic too.

1 Like