What's your favorite genre of games?

I’m not sure what my preference is, although I don’t usually like a lot of platformers. Fantasy is always fun because of all the magic :woman_mage:

@Discussions

6 Likes

Fun, if that even counts as a genre. I don’t actually know as long as they are fun

3 Likes

Fantasy/Magic or Horror :ghost:
There’s this game on Android called The Letter and it’s really scary! Love that game!

3 Likes

Fantasy and mystery, definitely

2 Likes

Bump, @Discussions, do you guys have anything to add to this discussion?

1 Like

I’d like to say undefined. I don’t actually get to play console games because of my mom, so I don’t really have all that much games. I think I really like fighting games, games like Wii Sports, and more story driven games like the first Last of Us.

1 Like

Yeah, I like anything fun. And I don’t usually like fantasy but for games that would be cool. I like horror and mystery but those ones always seem hard :joy:

you kind of need to divide this into two categories.

1. Thematic Genre
  2. Mechanical Genre

When we refer to Genre in writing we refer to the Thematic Genre. The themes explored by the narrative in a broad sense. Be it Romance or Fantasy.

In Video Games we classify games by Mechanical Genre due to the differences in design.

For example, someone who likes “Fantasy Games” might like Assassins Creed Odyssey, but that does mean they will also like Age of Mythology. Yet both are fantasy games?

However Assassin’s Creed Odyssey is a Third Person Action Adventure

Where as Age of Mythology is a Real Time Strategy

So if someone says they like Fantasy Games it is very broad. Try pushing bit further and find out what Mechanical or style they like.

1 Like

Kk

Added the #favourite tag! :sparkles:

MYSTERYYYYYYY

1 Like

Adventure :star_struck:

Horror. But I mostly like the choice based horror because I suck at most video games and I play for the story.

Mystery games, they keep me on my feet.

Fantasy, RPG’s, whatever Bayonetta is

Closed due to inactivity